Missing iOS Distribution signing identity

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sysads, Feb 14, 2016.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thought I share this before going to bed ;)

I was about uploading a game to store from xcode when I got this error:
    upload_2016-2-14_23-43-39.png

I initially thought my certs have been messed up or something terrible had gone wrong and after minutes of searching and trying different things, nothing worked. At this point I thought I had lost my ONLY WAY TO ESSEX :(

But luckily for me, I came across this topic today with other developers reporting same issue and it appeared this was an issue on Apple's intermediate cert expiring :( hence creating this panic.

https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer

I am still following the topic and hopefully i find a solution to this. Since its late for me, please anyone that experiences same issue and manages to fix it, please post here.

Thanks

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Ah OK, the suggested hack worked for me. Set my mac date back before 14/02/2016 which was when the intermediate cert expired. So hoping someone would find a solution.

I also downloaded latest cert from Apple but that didn't work :(

3. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Did you check your keyring certificates on MAC after installing the new intermediate cert ?

I guess you will only find the old distribution cert, but it should be valid (unless revoked, it can be used if date is set back to a date before 14/02)

What you can try:

Make sure the new intermediate CA cert is installed, create a new distribution cert in member center or via XCode (when asked whether XCode should request one for you) - the signing request will be signed using the new intermediate Apple CA - , download it if created via member center and install it. Then you should find a revoked and a newly issued distribution cert.

ruhm64 likes this.
  4. Eric H

Eric H Boxer

Had the same issue. Mucked around with my certificates and provisioning profiles for a couple of hours and they didn't change anything. What did work however was this answer:
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/37208

"This issue stems from having a copy of the expired WWDR Intermediate certificate in both your System and Login keychains. To resolve the issue, you should first download and install the new WWDR intermediate certificate (by double-clicking on the file). Next, in the Keychain Access application, select the System keychain. Make sure to select “Show Expired Certificates” in the View menu and then delete the expired version of the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificate (expired on February 14, 2016). Your certificates should now appear as valid in Keychain Access and be available to Xcode for submissions to the App Store."

You need to delete the expired keychain in both System and Login sections, and import the new one to both.

Attached Files:

Christoph, sysads and ruhm64 like this.
  5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

@sysads I think they're having issues. I was completely revoked and just got off the phone with them. They escalated it to senior staff to dig deeper. I am valid until November 2016. It is a pain in the boo-tay.

6. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Untitled.png Untitled 2.png
    This situation = HULK SMASH!! Not that 1 day is going to matter when it comes to 7-10 days for some boob to look at it...

7. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

I had something similar recently and just created a new one downloaded it and added to keychain. Restarted and refreshed xcode and worked.

8. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

The only thing I had not done was restart xcode. Let me see here... (opening for the first time since like a genius) ... Nope, still didn't work. I was hoping it would. Dang it.

9. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

@sysads did you get anywhere? I followed all of these things that may fix it except changing my system calendar manually. I got nowhere. Such is my awesome experiences! They keep coming. HAHA. But I had to get a video, screenshots and other info collected and sent to the underlords of Apple App Devs. See what they say. And mine affected all of my apps, I can't update any of them.

10. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

The following steps fixed my issue.

1. Download https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer
    2. Double-click to install to Keychain.
    3. Then in Keychain, Select View -> "Show Expired Certificates" in Keychain app.
    4. It will list all the expired certifcates.
    5. Delete "Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority certificates" from "login" tab
    6. And also delete it from "System" tab.
    Now you are ready go. I hope it will be helpful to you

11. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Thank you @Aaron F you are better than Apple Developer Support! They had a big list of things to do and told me I had to have been going from one Mac to another. I only use the one. So I sent them your steps. HAHA! It worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Jamie likes this.
  12. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

@ruhm64 Nice man I'm glad it to worked for you.

Jamie likes this.
  13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yea thanks. This worked

14. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Guys, this is what @Eric H already wrote on monday morning ;)

ruhm64 likes this.
  15. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Ah that's true :D, must have fallen asleep while looking. +1 for @Eric H

ruhm64 likes this.
  16. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Yes! This is the formula to fixing this issue! Thank you @Eric H

17. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Than
    Thanks Aaron