Help Needed - 4 questions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ztbduk, Feb 11, 2016.

1. ztbduk

ztbduk Boxer

Hi there,

Looking for help on several issues that I'm having within BB2:

1) How can I get a song to play throughout the entire game? I was successfully able to get it to work on BB1, however it's not working on BB2. It starts, then shuts off once a game ends.

2) When porting a game from BB1 into BB2, the score system is kinda wonky. Usually at the end of a game, it shows the full score. Now at the end of a game the counter racks up the score. In an distance-scored game, you can imagine how frustrating this is for the user.

3) On BB2 when, when a character bumps into an action that is supposed to "end game," it just keeps going. Below is a screenshot of my game map, is there something obvious that I'm missing? I know the "game over ui" isn't attached, but I'm not sure where to place it.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 7.11.12 PM.png

4) I cannot get AppLovin ads to display. I've entered my SDK key, made it the priority ad network, and set it to call ever 3 impressions, but so far nothing. I've been able to get AdMob to work, so I'm curious as to why this does not display.

This should be it for now. I'll update the thread if I have any addition questions. Everyone's help is very much appreciated!

2. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

For 1), just click on the green "Game Field UI" in the Mind Map you show, and off to the right you'll see a setting called "Music". Drag and drop an .mp3 in there and you're set.

3. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@ztbduk point 1 has been fixed with beta3 released today. I share your frustration with point 2. It's something I've reported to support a while ago and was hoping it would have been fixed with today's beta release (as I think it's a fairly major issue) but alas it's not been fixed:-(

Sorry can't help with the other 2 points.