In reply to @mnodl regarding My thouhgts on BB2.0 beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by creativesoffice, Feb 10, 2016.

1. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi @mnodl

Posting this here especially for you since not sure why i cannot post there, assume I was blocked? That would be funny :D

Noting personal with anyone, just few facts:

1. They advertised that everyone will get BB2.0 beta 1 month before official release, did not care to much as I thought it would be 1 month and not more than that. Was vacation time, I said to play a little with the software in order to do some magic in the following months. 1 month is ok to learn the software

2. I am interested in official version with full working features, if you or anyone else are happy do do a game that is a bouncing ball because you paid 1k or whatever for a software that allows you just to move 1 square instead of 100 as it should is your problem, i don't accept that. Next time when you go to the shop and get the new iphone don't get mad if someone gets you the iphone 3gs even you payed for iphone7, is cool anyway, enjoy the "new phone" and you will get the iphone 7 somehow when is ready. You won't be able to call probably, messaging so and so, front camera does not work, supports only mdi files, not mp3.

Is another story if we got a cheaper price or whatever just to access beta testing version to improve the software, sending feedback, testing it actually.

3. I understand that the team is 15 people only but perhaps they should advertise and get the things done in proper time. I personally don't promise things that I cannot deliver. Is not my fault that there is a delay or yours or anyone else. The team is responsible of how they manage their things there. There is already a delay from official lunch. the original youtube video is not there anymore where January this year was the official lunch date. Of course company can change lunch any time, can be even in January 2017.

Why we should believe anyone that in Q1 of 2016 everything will be good to go official? I am sure that there can be another 1000 reasons why software can be delayed. To be discussed in the future when this will be released.

PRO TIP: Some companies offer discounts, vouchers 1-2 free months free for software/product whatever if they get into trouble. Would be great to see this sort of feedback from BB managing team like: " we appreciate all your support and hard time making this far, we offer 2 months free membership to anyone who participated with ideas, feedback on improving the software and we apologize for all the delay and fuzz, enjoy BB2.0" Would be cool right? :)

5. Great software indeed but it needs to work, i am into making great games not a bouncing ball, for that I need full capacity of the software. Was waiting for a software like this, was very excited until I realized that this need more work in order to be as promised. I don't need new features right now, million of other things, I posted a lot of things that I wish could be in a future releases but please lunch the software as suppose to be and there is always time and room for improvements. Supporting the evolution but updating and adding new features we will get BB2.0 official release for Christmas this year in 2016 if even. I don't expect either perfect software, even adobe has bugs from time to time, still does not gets me crazy while working on a daily basis.

6. I posted on forum to share it with others, always on email support they asked to post on forum and such, so I did. I am sure that I did not steal any precious time, you can skip if you want my comments, i have a blue icon that is easier to see :) Nothing personal here.

Anxious waiting to see if I am right about what I am saying (crazy and bad things from some peoples perspective).

Cheers to all and finger crossed to have a stable software, end of Q1 hopefully, this year :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@creativesoffice I think @TreySmith had realized the mistake and he his taking every steps to get you and the rest of the buildbox family a stable feature rich product.

Don't be hard on them, they are new in this and certainly learning from mistakes just as you too would if you where in their shoes.

mnodl likes this.
  3. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Nothing personal with anyone, just shared few thoughts,. I have all artwork ready and cannot move further since lots of features are missing, features that were advertised in the video.

Will wait and see what will come next, heard that Beta 3 is around this week, let's wee what that is capable off :)

Cheers to all!

Nick H and colette_levesque like this.
  4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I feel you - I honestly do

5. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

What you're missing, @creativesoffice, is that you didn't pay for BB2.0, you paid for BB1.3, and as an added bonus, you got early access to the beta version of 2.0, which you will receive when it's ready. They were aiming for a January release, but as it was still being developed - because we, the users, keep asking for more to be added to it - it's completely understandable that they pushed it back. Maybe I missed something, but I check the blog and forums and such every day and have never seen Trey or anyone else give an "official" release date, as in, "You will have it on mm/dd/yy for sure." The most official thing they've given is "January" or "February" or "Q1 2016".

So effectively you're complaining - rather a lot, and even threatening legal action - about a freebie that they didn't have to give you at all.

6. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Stop writing this. Apple does it, Google does it, everyone does due to the fact that they want to add as much new features as possible. If you cant wait, learn swift and code. I will wait and I read that I paid for 1.3 version and seriously, 99$ a month is not a bad deal at all.

That said, everyone has the right to shout out or scream but please, dont flod the threads with the same thoughts, shout at Trey if neccessary in some way.

I am superhappy to get the BB2 in the deal, that version could easily cost the double.

If not happy with BB turn to Unity or Corona, more coding for sure so prepare to dig deep.

Lazlow and mnodl like this.
  7. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I got this only because they advertised BB2.0 release with all the features very soon ( was a sale for BB2.0 with the mention that you get the bb.13.5 now and in a in december BB2.0 with 1 month before official release) ( I assumed that and I was wrong, In fact that was the point from the presentation video and about THE PIT and EDGE that were made with BB2.0 . Assumed as well that software is ready but just not lunched yet and will be shortly. Obviously something is not right here since bunch of us are experiencing bugs, most of them already reported, just a few fixed). Was not interested at all in BB1.3.5 or whatever older version, so they would have 1k less. perhaps are people that got 2.6k package. Assuming is not just me that got software only because of BB2.0. Not arguing with anyone, this is the reason I got the software so they did not do me any favor with BB2.0, they just did half of what they promised. We will see what current promises will get us and how long will take until BB2.0 is lunched officially.

In matters of improvements as I said above I alone can come up with 1000 new things that BB2.0 could do, have sent already in other posts ideas, check forum if needed. But since team is small I assume we should be grateful that we even saw BB2.0 interface at this time and that is cool to way whatever that means. When you make promises you keep them, if you don't eventually you give something to the users to forget all the trouble or such, this is what some companies do.

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Usually when a software is lunched is working and working good. First time when I got a software that does not work. I feel like we are in pre pre beta stages, that in fact perhaps the software is building while we are testing it. I got adobe and that when is lunched is working, there are bugs of course but never stooped me to accomplish a task, if program closed a quick reopen or in worst case a restart will fix the problem because software is stabilize and functional. Please tell me that BB.20 beta or whatever version it is, very very anxious to get BB2.0 official. If you are telling me that is not official version please stop, personally i believe is long way until that and reasons for delay will be always to improve the software. I bet that if i am working on improving the software and they implement the ideas that I have you won't see BB2.0 official release in 2016, maybe in 2017, maybe. Everyone does but not like this, they release when is ready, did not see a case when they advertised and after pushed back.

From the promotional video the impression was that software is ready to be bought, pre-sales early December to get that and and right after the official version. in 1 month with anyone else. But software was not ready, that is the main issue. If they would had it ready as in advertisement nobody would complain at all. We can all put our minds in to make it better in time, I am all in, but to wait to have some features that supposed to be ready that is a bit off don't you think?

Not interested in learning code, i do design, coding is not my thing. I would not be here if was into code :) I assume I am the bad guy on this forum :)

Without offending anyone, hopefully, cheers to all.
    John

9. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

Lazlow likes this.
  10. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

:D:D:D:D:D

That just tells you how passionate he his with Buildbox. I have never seen anything like this before.

11. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I know what I am saying and is on point! Everyone if you have issues with anything in life go out from the house or sleep, things will get fix by magic according to @mnodl.

PS: Yes i do, work is work, fun is fun.

12. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Then you have absolutely nothing to complain about. The term "very soon", with respect to software releases, is extremely vague at best. I'll be having lunch very soon. Humans will be colonizing Mars very soon, also. Considering there is no software around, at all, with the capabilities that BuildBox has, I'd say we're very lucky indeed.

Note the bolded parts above. You have no one to blame but yourself.

The only thing not right here is your understanding of early access to beta testing.

Then why did you buy it? Why didn't you wait until BB2.0 was officially released?

No, I'm in the same boat, but the difference between you and I is that I read what I'm signing up for.

Here's the crux of your "not arguing with anyone", even though you opened another thread after a mod closed your first one so you could keep complaining. They never promised the things you keep claiming they promised. It's as simple as that. You're wrong. Try having some patience and be thankful you're allowed to be in the small group of testers that are helping to shape this software.

Aaron F likes this.
  13. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Hopefully this doesn't offend, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I'm going to guess that English isn't your first language. I would almost suggest that we should chalk all your complaining up to that, that you simply didn't (and still don't) understand what you signed up for, but I'll be damned if you don't keep hammering home the same very wrong point in a bunch of different ways.

Although you definitely don't know what an official launch is, or what beta testing is.

14. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I know what beta testing is and that is not made on user money. yes, English not my 1st, but i made myself clear. No offense taken. Cheers

Nick H likes this.
  15. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

I paid for BB2. :(

It would be nice if they at least offered refunds to those who paid full price for a brick. Oh well. Like I've said before. Lost all trust in Build Box going forward. Mostly due to their inflexibility after not coming close to the sales pitch.

Nick H likes this.
  16. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

No, they advertised that will be officially lunched in jan, video is gone now so no prove of that. Smart move. I did not know that they are just making what i call "false advertising". Soon can be in 2020 as well. Cheers to all, I am done and will wait to see how much of current promises and what soon means to them. Cheers!.

Nick H likes this.
  17. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Also for me Ealry acess= getting something that works before anyone else for me,s such software, a product, visiting a museum, art exposition, etc.

Early access does not mean beta testing for me. Are 2 different things.

Will have to wait and see what will happen in next months, will be a long process.

Cheers

Nick H likes this.
  18. Nick H

Nick H Boxer

@Lazlow
    When you say
    "you didn't pay for BB2.0, you paid for bb1.3, and as an added bonus, you got early access to beta version 2.0, which you will receive when it's ready".
    Is this an official statement from bb? I did not receive any email with such a statement, am confused.

What about the customers who already owned a bb1.3 license and upgraded to bb2.0???
    Were we supposed to understand that we were buying a new (2nd) copy of BB1.3 all this time?? and the bb2 early access is a "bonus"???
    Sorry but I am having a hard time understanding your comment...

Cheers

19. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I like turtles.

Lazlow, colette_levesque and Andy like this.
  20. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

For everyone here is the promotional video:

Watch from 32:15 till the end, trey words. From his words what can be understand ( This is what i understood at least, perhaps others as well, but there is always room for other interpretations ) is that software was ready at that date to be released and early access if you do that, official lunch in jan 2016.

We will see in the end on the official release how many new features were added beside the ones that were advertised. Till then, will wait :)

PS: i thought the video was gone but is still there, I was watching another one that had different ending, rest being the same. Apologize for that.

Cheers to all

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Nick H likes this.