MathsBall

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by zfek, Feb 3, 2016.

1. AntR

AntR Boxer

So today I have released my first app that I have made! It is called MathsBall and is available on both iPhone and Android.

I have spent no end of hours trying to build this and come across numerous obstacles despite having no idea what I am doing and using a lot of research and knowledge sharing to get to my end goal.

This is the first time I have tried to dabble with anything like this and with limited skills I am quite proud of what I have achieved by using BuildBox!

I welcome any feedback on the game! Hopefully the first of many more to come!

iPhone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mathsball/id1073746589
    Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starkindustries.mathsball

ss4 1.png ss55 3.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

for some reason i can't find your app, either by app name or by startkindustries...

3. AntR

AntR Boxer

Oh no - which platform?
    The link should be a direct one!

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I went to to App Store and searched for on my iPhone, can't find it...

The link does indeed work though

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yesterday I could not find it either, I guess iTunes cloud was still synching up. Now you can find it, but an advise: Add "mathball" in singular to your keywords as otherwise you cannot find it if you mispell it as "mathball" instead of "mathsball". Oh and on the screenshot you see "8-1" and then choices of 26,27,28 (which I guess it was 28-1 originally, but the leading 2 cut off). It looks a bit odd and an error to one who never played with the game.

Btw it could be a fun game, it has potentials. Just do not use more than 2 digit numbers, but increase speed and number of choices instead.

Christoph likes this.
  6. garygallagher84

garygallagher84 Boxer

Very unique idea... I like it!

7. dhawal_tamakuwala

dhawal_tamakuwala Avid Boxer

Nice gameplay idea

8. AntR

AntR Boxer

Thanks guys - initial feedback I have had is mix the levels up as people start to remember which colour the answer is!\
    Once BB2 is more stable I want to add different worlds!

9. steve

steve Avid Boxer

I like the concept. I had a similar idea I was going to do to help my son with his times table, but never got around to building it. I think you need a bit more explanation at the start. I thought the game was broken when I first ran it, as all I saw was a black screen with the ball falling and no numbers. No indication I needed to tap the screen to make the ball bounce (don't assume people will know what to do by reading the description in the app store, or reading the info screen - many don't read it).

I agree with @trudnai, keep the number values lower, but increase the speed of the game.

zfek likes this.
  10. AntR

AntR Boxer

Totally agree with those comments and shall update to reflect - not the first to have mentioned they don't know how to play initially!