App rejected on Apple

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Nice... :) Good to hear some good news for your game mate... Cheers

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Your UI gets stacked up because you are not using "Stick to Edge" where appropriate, like for your Title and for the Home button at least.

ruhm64 likes this.
  3. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Oh i see now.
    But i have tried them in iOS devices except iPhone 4 and they had no problems on them. Does it mean that they will get stacked up on iPhone 4s? Or is it just an issue when using Buildbox simulator?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

iPhone 4 (and 4s) has a shorter screen (different aspect ratio). So of course this affects your layout. You can preview this in BB to see how it would look on the device. You would run into similar issues with the iPad as well. Learning how to take advantage of "Stick to Edge" where appropriate will allow you to solve these issues.

5. abc123

abc123 Boxer

It seems that i order for them to be perfect i have to uncheck all Stick to Edge, is it right?

6. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Andy, i tried reorganising all the assets but it just seems impossible for all of them to fit for all devices, what do all Buildbox games do for the game to fit all devices?

7. abc123

abc123 Boxer

@Andy @Rebel Studios Would you recommend me to cancel the actual binary (UI perfect on iPhone 5 or newer devices), upload the new binary (UI perfect for all iOS devices) and postpone the launch; or release the binary first and then update it a week later so as to launch it on the planned date?

8. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Launch it first... any updates or bug fixes can be done later... It's really imperative that you get your game out on your launched dates if you've already have your marketing strategies in placed.

On a further note.. we seriously suggest you to actually test all your stuff out in the BBox previewer so as you won't face such problems in the future.

Also it would be good if you can have testers of different devices so that you would have a clearer idea how it looks on multiple devices... :)

ruhm64 likes this.
  9. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

When you say BBox previewer are you referring to the BBox simulator or is there something else that I haven't heard of? Just curious.
    I also had posted on being rejected earlier on this thread. I finally had everything clear, app is downloadable but when I purchase in-game currency, it says successful from Apple (no clue about Google Play and Amazon) but the sound set for purchase does not go off nor does it add coins to the players account. Oh, and not money is going into my developer account. What in the heck is wrong with me? I mean the IAP...

10. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Yeah... what we meant is the Bbox simulator. Also make sure you guys test it out on an actual device with the sandbox acct in apple. As long the transaction in sandbox goes through then all is well :)

11. jab.devs

jab.devs Boxer

Thanks for Sharing!! I was having the same issue with not connecting to the iTunes store.