BB2: Player can jump in air endlessly with Jump From Ground set.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mattrouse, Jan 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mattrouse

mattrouse Boxer

I have read several forum posts and played with the settings for a while. I have a vehicle on two wheels, I want something pretty simple. Tap the Jump button and the vehicle jumps. I can't seem to make them not be able to just keep jumping up the screen forever.

Jump to Group checked and unchecked
    Jump timeout from 0 to 0.1, 0.25, 1, 5, 10, 100....
    Jump counter 0, 0.1, 0.5, 2, 5, 10... .
    Various Jump Forces

2. mattrouse

mattrouse Boxer

I tried this also - Do we know what determines if a character is "on the ground" ? Since my character has wheels, maybe this is the issue and I should try one with the wheels just animated on the character?

3. mattrouse

mattrouse Boxer

It's the "wheels" I had attached, using no wheels, it jumps once as expected. Guess I'm off to animate some wheels.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Have you tried to adjust Ground Threshold?

dougsavage1 likes this.
  5. dougsavage1

dougsavage1 Boxer

^^^ @trudnai , I was going to say the same thing. That should be the solution.

6. mattrouse

mattrouse Boxer

I tried ground thresholds from 0.01 to -10, to 100... it doesn't seem to do anything when there are wheels on the vehicle. Adding the wheels to the character animation seems to have fixed the problem. I know it's not technically a "solution" to the above problem, it will work for my needs. If anyone knows how to fix jumping for vehicles with wheels, I'm all ears!

7. mattrouse

mattrouse Boxer

It seems like the distance from the bottom of the main character collision box and the ground is the issue. In your example the wheels are very close to the bottom of the main character collision box. I will test again in a new project and see if that works for me.

8. nico

nico Boxer

Hey @mattrouse were you able to figure this out? I'm dealing with the same issue exactly. So far I've designed my game around an unlimited jump system
    I thought about putting wheels in the character animation but they don't behave like wheels since you can't make "connections" in the animations.
    Also when I set checkpoints the wheels don't come with the player to the next checkpoint. I suppose that's a different issue.

9. nico

nico Boxer

@Andy any info on this one?

10. MitKam

MitKam Boxer

Hi @mattrouse... did u succeed? i am having the same problem. just that i am building a platformer game and i find it difficult to make the character jump continuously in air by tapping the screen (It works only once when i tap. Then the character falls down and dies). It would be helpful if anyone could help me sort out.