Slow Motion Except Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jarred_smith, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jarred_smith

jarred_smith Boxer

Hello all. Is it possible to have the character hit an action object (say, a stopwatch icon or something) that would slow the gameplay down to a crawl, but allow the character to still move about at normal speed? Everything I've found will only allow it to make the entire game slow motion (including character). Thanks!

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You can slow down the whole game while increasing the char speed compensating the slow-mo -- so overall the result is what you need.

ashcarter and bahaeeddine2010 like this.
  3. jarred_smith

jarred_smith Boxer

Thanks trudnai. Maybe I'm crazy, but where would I adjust the character speed?

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

In the Gameplay Action (where you adjust Time Wrap) you can find Max Speed, Gravity, Jump Force which you may want to play with. Maybe also Velocity Drag, Rotation Drag, Air Drag and Platform Friction to get the desired results.

I have just made a quick test, so when I hit the action I set the Time Wrap to 6. That is 10x lower than the original 60, so initially I have set Gravity, Max Speed and Jump Force 10x higher. That did not give me the adequate results, so I have tried 100x more gravity and only 5x more Jump Force which is somewhat similar in my case to where it was without the Time Wrap. I did not touch Drags and Friction. Still not perfect, but at least shows that it might not impossible to achieve this.

Let me know how it goes.

ashcarter and jarred_smith like this.
  5. jarred_smith

jarred_smith Boxer

This worked great. Took a little bit to get all of the settings correct, but it works exactly like I had in mind. Thank you!

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Glad it worked!

7. JxRannok

JxRannok Boxer

Can we get a screen shot of your settings?

ashcarter likes this.