Slide - Game Preview - Isometric

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by mojpoj, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

https://vid.me/jli2

Ball jump style play. Checkpoint enabled. Skip purchase, multiple character select.

Isometric is tricky to work with at first.

The video isn't that great, I need to figure out a better record package. But it's what I have for now. The game is smooth as butter in person, could not stop it from pulsing in the final output.
    (Any recommendations on screen capture software that isn't $400?)

Other than the terrible record video quality... thoughts?

Ember Game likes this.
  2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

camtasia

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Okay, that isn't $300 to make a 1 minute video? :)

Downloading snagit, maybe that will work, only $50.

4. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

Very nice, the game look really fun! I think you can do a lot better with the colors, also the menu looks too busy for my taste, you could try to make it more elegant. About recording the vid, you can just connect the iphone with the Mac and use Quicktime to record the screen. Then my prefered method to create the trailer is using app on the iPhone (or iPad), much faster and cheaper than using app on Mac OS. You can use iMovie to edit the vid. But my choice is to go with Replay, just a few bucks and it create the trailer for you in just 1 minutes. All you have to do is select the footages and choose the theme you want to use! The result looks very professsional!

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Game play looks great, yea same as other comment, colours look a bit dull.
    sounds are cool, can't wait to try it when its done.

6. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@Ember Game - I don't use Mac. I know I could do the same method you talk about with my Samsung S6, but I haven't compiled to APK yet. Waiting to finish before paying for the Granjur APK service.

Not to change the topic of this thread, but I think screen recording the BB preview window isn't optimal (duh). I would prefer to screen record a desktop EXE version of the game. But, I can't get PTPlayer to work, keeps crashing. Sean said it worked for him, and I verified it worked on my laptop. But the laptop is barely powerful enough to handle the game, much less screen recording software. Considering doing the free Win10 upgrade on the desktop in preparation for the 4K monitor being delivered today!

In regards to the dull colors, I'm going to blame that on the screen recording software as well. It's very crisp, clear, and sharp on my screen. Unless you guys are referring to the color choices in general? That can be fixed. Originally, I was going minimalist, but it grew a bit. ;)

7. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Looks really fun :) Do you have a release date yet?

8. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Thanks... and ASAP :)

Gameplay is DONE. I've made all the screen shots for the app markets, just finishing up and figuring out the advertisements settings and I'll be sending it all to get built and uploaded. Optimistically it'll be available on Google Tuesday, and who knows for Apple.

9. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I see, and I assume you're going to publish it without a publisher?

10. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

GTE Games likes this.
  11. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

With how fast the game was going, I got the jerky video issues, tried 4 or 5 different cams recorders. Not sure if it was software or the buildbox preview window. What ended up working very well, was capturing the android screen, transferring that video to PC, and editing there.

On Mac, quicktime record only works with iPhone 5 and the lightening cable, from what I could find. My ebay iPhone 4s would not show up in quicktime on my ebay Macbook Air (2011 model), but I did try.

12. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

did you try AirServer? you can easily mirror to Mac (and PC) any iOS and Android device

http://www.airserver.com/

http://support.airserver.com/customer/portal/articles/1746231-airplay-compatible-sending-devices

Wings n Armor likes this.
  13. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

AppShow for recording from device via USB-cable.
    EDIT: Upps, sorry. You aren't using Mac. Had I overlooked.

14. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

No offense, but I really don't like Macs. Only using them for xCode testing.

I got the video done with the PC and Android. :)

Thanks though.

15. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Though your not using a Mac for others who might be I use Screnflick its inexpensive and very easy to use.

netkomm likes this.