Announcing Buildbox 3.5.7 Release: Enhanced Performance And Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, May 25, 2023.

1. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    We are excited to announce the release of the latest Buildbox 3 update, version 3.5.7!

Our team has been working hard to enhance the overall performance of the software and squash bugs. We’ve updated the in-app purchase node, resolved any app submission issues with Apple, and improved pinned attributes.

But that’s not all! We’ve also made several other improvements to ensure your game creation process is as smooth as possible in Buildbox 3.

Download the new update today and start creating!

[​IMG]
    For a detailed list of changes, you can view the full change log below:
    Here’s What’s New in Buildbox 3.5.7!
    Fixed

• Fixed a compile bug where using a reserved folder name was preventing submission to Apple
    • URL Buttons now function on all platforms when the full address is given. If you leave out elements of the address, www or http for example, we do our best to fill those in for you, but we don’t guarantee that. So please fully fill out your address fields, example: https://www.google.com/
    • Fixed situations where certain Pinned Attributes were not showing on the attributes panel, maintaining their changed values, or capable of being pinned in the first place. Pinning an attribute on a node allows individual instances of your object to have different values from other individual instances of the same object. Meaning that changes to the parent should not propagate to the children.
    • We updated the In App Purchase Node – the previous version was passing server callback information to the outputs instead of the standard true/false boolean values. We have kept the advanced information available as a new 3rd output. You will need to drag out a new version of the node to get the updated (3 output) version.
    • Fixed an issue where commas were being removed from text fields.
    Thank you for being part of the Buildbox community, and we hope this update will help you create even more amazing games. Stay tuned for more updates!

[​IMG]

2. mogychiy69

mogychiy69 Boxer

Great! Thank you for your work!
    I want to know if the particle system for BB3 is in development? Thank you!

3. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Great question!
    Yes, it is and will be live in Buildbox 4!

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

What question, did you missed the thread post? @Hue Buildbox

5. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Interesting. :)

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

I think its great that a lot of work has gone into Buildbox to improve some issues from previous builds but there are still a few issues I can see in this version.

1. In App Purchases grant the user the item on android now but they still do not consume the item so the user can only purchase once (I made sure I checked the boolean value for "Is Consumed" too). Havnt tried typing "= true" though. Just used the boolean setting on the side in the scene editor and not in the actual object itself.
    2. Labels in objects always appear on the top even if there is an object higher up in the outliner object list in UI screens.
    3. It takes a long time for the software to load a preview to test the game

Taxus baccata likes this.
  7. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

@Hue Buildbox Any idea when the announcements for Buildbox 4.0 come out? The only question I need answered is whether should I pay for my yearly subscription for BB3.0 or wait for 4.0 so I don't have to pay for 2 subscriptions.

8. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Excited for BuildBox 4! :cool: