Google Rejected My Game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by patostar, Jun 2, 2022.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I uploaded a game made on buildbox classic a few days ago, but today google sent me a rejection email, they say that I violated their ad content policy, they said this: The ad content in your app is not consistent with the app's content rating. To resolve this issue, please remove content not consistent with your app’s rating and/or retake the content rating questionnaire. If you monetize your app, please ensure you’ve excluded ads from sensitive categories.

But the problem is I don't even have ads in my game at all! It's not monetized, should I tell google that you made a mistake? What should I tell them exactly?

2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Maybe it's serving ads from Buildbox?

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

If there's no ads I would try to resubmit or re-check you answers on the data questionnaire for sure. Also re-check the file for any ads as well.

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

If no ads are selected we certainly wouldn't be serving any. We don't force ads to show in ad-less games

Jaro and Jackazoid like this.
  5. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

I have a similar issue but it is because I don't know how to answer the data safety question since adbox is buildbox ads. the questions are about the ads in the game, so only the team who had created adbox can answer them. I emailed support, its been over a month I got noting, bassically I can't publish my App.

another issue I have Buildbox doesn't recognize one of my apps Bundle ID. so, every time I tried to update the app it says that this look like a new Bundle ID that I need to claim it. If I continue without claiming it, another message pop up says that I have to remove Adbox and if do claim it, I got a message that says THIS BUNDLE ID DOESN'T FOLLOW GOOGLE PLAY CONSOLE GUIDELINES if continue Buildbox change link which cause the build to fail because the link doesn't match.

contacting Buildbox via email and on discord and got nothing.

there's a game I finished since July 2021, I've been trying to put it on my phone, it's gonna be a year now and still can't, the build failed in Xcode and Android Studio. no one can help.

I want you guys to understand, I'm paying every year and can't get anything done, it's like what is the point.

6. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hi Sean, thanks for your help, but I found the problem, when we have the "our apps" button, it takes players to play store or app store right? to Google it's considered an ad, I will remove it soon and submit an update again, trust me a lot of experienced developers have told me this, but I kept saying My game has No ads! But it turned out they are right.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  7. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

No, they don't force showing ads just like Sean said, see my other comment here.

Sean Buildbox likes this.