Buildbox 3.4.7 Update: Buildbox Shop, New Zoom Tool, My Assets Tab, Improved Outliner, And More!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Our new update, Buildbox 3.4.7, is officially live!

This latest update brings some awesome features!

The Asset Library is now Buildbox Shop, this upgrade allows you to buy from and sell to other creators!

There’s also a new Zoom tool, updated home screen, Outliner, new My Assets tab in Asset Library, and other fixes and performance improvements! Plus, Adbox is better than ever with a brand new ad partner!
    [​IMG]

Here’s a quick rundown of What’s New in Buildbox 3.4.7!
    [​IMG]

The Buildbox Shop is our newly updated asset store and it’s now open to all creators!

Got original assets you want to sell?

Your unique assets could be the last piece someone needs to finish their game! Selling your assets and getting paid is easy with Buildbox Shop!

[​IMG]
    You can access the Buildbox Shop via the home screen in Buildbox (above) or by clicking the button below to go to shop.buildbox.com. There are helpful tooltips along the way that will guide you through the process.

[​IMG]

Start selling your game assets and earn extra money with Buildbox Shop today!
    [​IMG]

Be on the lookout for more updates on the website coming soon!

New Zoom Tool
    [​IMG]

We’ve added a new Zoom tool to the drop-down menu in the editor. You can now build out your game quickly and more easily using the new zoom-in and zoom-out features from within the editor. Change perspective as you design your game’s world and adjust as needed.

Updated Home Screen
    [​IMG]

Buildbox 3.4.7’s home screen has also been updated with new tabs and dynamic buttons. It’s now easier to navigate between different sections. By hovering your mouse over an area, animations play that reveal its content. There is no guesswork required. Plus, you now have access to our new Buildbox Shop directly from home screen!​

New Outliner Sorting Filter
    [​IMG]

In this latest Buildbox 3.4.7 update, we also improved the Outliner tool with a new filtering system that enables you to search for an asset directly within the Outliner. Then edit that group of assets or reorganize as you see fit.

New My Assets Tab
    [​IMG]

There’s a new My Asset Tab available in the asset library to help you keep track of your recent purchases and used assets. The sorting feature in the Asset Library now also allows you to sort random assets from A-Z for quick access.

New Adbox Ad Partner
    [​IMG]

Adbox also now includes Vungle! Vungle is the leading performance marketing platform for in-app video ads. With this new ad partner, more eCMs, better fill rates, and more ad fills are now possible using Adbox! Everyone has the potential to earn more ad revenue!​

Adding ads is super easy!
    [​IMG]

Select the UI Screen from the Buildbox editor menu and toggle on Interstitial and Banner Ads to activate Adbox and start earning today.

And don’t forget to republish existing games that are live on the app store with Adbox to increase your chances for higher ad revenue!

For a detailed list of changes, you can view the full change log below:
    • New robust Zoom Tool
    • New Outliner sorting filter
    • Updated Home Screen with dynamic buttons and access to New Buildbox Shop, a Community Asset Marketplace
    • My Assets Tab Now Available in Asset Library
    • Adbox updated to increase revenue fill
    • Various Bug Fixes

Thanks so much for your continued support and feedback. We’ll be working hard on future updates to make improvements and bring more of the features and functionality that you want to see to the platform. Be sure to check out our new Product Feedback page to see what we’re working on next and leave your suggestions.

We can’t wait to see what you create with Buildbox 3.4.7!

[​IMG]

2. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Thank you for fixing the issue with linkers in this release, I really appreciate that!
    The asset shop looks interesting but a bit limited, are you going to add support for other types of content like nodes or should I just add them as Smart Assets? I think it might be useful to have some more specific choices for nodes or whole add-ons/systems.
    I'd love to add my systems to the shop (Particle System, Pathfinder AI and all of my nodes like Attach to Target, Text Box, 3D Sound, Set Physics Pro, etc.).
    A minor detail: now you can't edit a script by double clicking on its title, you can only edit it by clicking on the small pencil icon; can't see the reason of that, it was pretty convenient to be able to edit a script by simply double clicking on the title.
    Just a detail but still...

Jaro and wmfear like this.
  3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

How will Adbox work now? Since the ads will now be delivered from two sources, Applovin and Vungle, how will the ad be selected if both are available in the same region. In the case of mediation, you know how it works, but how is it solved in Adbox?

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We currently set network order based on what is performing the best system-wide. We re-evaluate periodically, but changing the network order will likely be a rare event.

Jaro likes this.
  5. Sean Buildbox

Currently placing items as smart assets is best.

The double clicking bug has been noted and is being fixed currently, sorry for the inconvenience ;)

6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I can't quite imagine what the best thing to do besides mediation is.

7. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

In 3.3.7 I cannot adjust order of items in the UI outliner. Can you confirm this is a bug and that it will be addressed ASAP? We cannot release games when UI is not possible to build.

8. Hue Buildbox

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue with 3.4.7. We are fast-tracking 3.4.8 currently and the fix is already implemented within that build.

9. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

I meant 3.4.7 yes. Very big and strange bug. Anyway, are you fixing the no-scrolling issue in the selecting through if collide node, spawn node etc? We need to be able to select even on laptops with one window. Should also be a search window. Searching through 3-400 items is crazy.

10. Sean Buildbox

We are working on solutions for this situation, especially on smaller screens, currently. The UI bug will be fixed incredibly shortly.

11. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

12. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

May also suggest:

Color option on the scenes so one can organize them easier or a scenes manager.
    Collision group is limited. Would love a tag function so you can make own groups.
    Better control over camera and rendering. Must be able to set rotation follow to only 1 axis.
    Enable and Disable on all nodes. We have changed some of them our selves but it is frustrating to import all the time.
    Transparent files needs to be fixed in fog. They are not affected by it. Critical.
    Fadein and fadout on sound node. If used with a statemachine it is cut with no fadout.
    Random node after statemachine does not work. It messes up everything.
    A working load bullets, pickup bullets system. Now need to use points which limits the program.
    Rotate texture. Only scale is limited.

This would add to an otherwise fantastic program:)

13. Hue Buildbox

Thanks for posting these suggestions. You may also send any feature request directly to the team by using this link: https://signup.buildbox.com/submitAFeature
    However, I'll take a look into these issues.
    The transparency issue was fixed a few versions ago btw.

Attached Files:

14. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

15. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

Why are you saying that the transparency issue was fixed? The changelog said it was fixed at that time but it wasn't. I don't know what that file you added shows because it cannot be opened.
    I have been complaining about this for half a year.
    Transparent objects do not fade in the fog.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  16. HenGame

HenGame Boxer

Hello, I have uploaded 3 assets to the shop. I need to fix the texture of all three of them. One of them has been approved, one is rejected, and one is pending. I can't update or fix any of them.

When I try to delete it, the error "the requested entity not found" appears.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  17. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

@Sean Buildbox With this new update is the folowing problem also solved? Problem: after a video-ad has played the sounds in the game are gone (only background music keeps working). 2 months ago you said this problem would be solved within the next 3 months. Thanks.

Bluemusic likes this.
  18. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

wow! a lot has changed since i last used. is this the latest version ?

19. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

3.5.0 is the latest.

20. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Any update? Still waiting for this problem to be solved. Now it is even worse! After an ad all sounds AND music are gone... Cannot release games like this.