Buildbox Apple Silicon Support?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Thomas Pearce, May 3, 2022.

1. Thomas Pearce

Thomas Pearce Boxer

hello ive exported my project via Buildbox but everytime I try to test it via the Xcode simulator or on device simulator it doesn't run and freezes on the simulator , does Buildbox player support silicon ?

2. Thomas Pearce

Thomas Pearce Boxer

every time I run via iOS simulator I get error "
    building for iOS Simulator, but linking in dylib built for iOS, file '/Users/thomaspearce/Desktop/demo/ios/Frameworks/BBRuntime.framework/BBRuntime' for architecture arm64"

3. Thomas Pearce

Thomas Pearce Boxer

I'm running latest Mac OS and BB , on MacBook Pro m1 pro , the game crashes on iPhone , TestFlight on all devices , and Xcode simulator I get the build error above ^ can anyone help , does BB work on silicon MacBooks ?

4. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, I believe I was helping you with this via email. Were you able to correct this issue by removing the ads and any edits made to the splash screen?

5. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Although I've helped you with this via email, I just wanted to also respond to this here just in case someone else has this issue.
    So, the short answer is, that the Xcode simulator is not supported by Buildbox. You can export from Xcode to your iOS device to preview your game.
    (PS: You can also export directly to both Android & iOS devices by exporting your project to Buildbox World. https://www.buildbox.com/new-buildbox-world-android-update-likes-plays-feature-and-more/)

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Buildbox is not suitable for testing on Xcode simulators.

7. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

This is correct, for Buildbox 3 you will need an actual device due to excess libraries required otherwise

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  8. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

For everything to work, you need to be sure you have the latest updates for your PC and iOS device. The latest versions of Buildbox and Xcode. If you watch it, you won't have any problem with testing your games for the AppStore

Sean Buildbox likes this.