Create A "conveyor Belt"

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wmfear, Feb 9, 2022.

1. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

So I want my character to be able to walk onto a conveyor belt on a treadmill. So if he stands on the treadmill, he will be moved back, so he has to walk in the correct direction to keep up... Not sure what would be the best approach to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

To move your character, you can try using the position animation, or just a move node, but controlled with a switch node.

At either side of the treadmill, have a spawner at the front that spawns flat platforms and a trigger at the back that removes them, then sends a signal to spawn the next one.

If the position animation node doesn't work(so if character collides with 'slide platform', move -1 z axis(or whatever the direction of travel is). You can use a switch node and send/receive to move the character when they come into contact with slide platform. You might need a delay of like 0.01 seconds for it to work properly.

3. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Thanks for trying to explain this to me.. I`m not quite sure how to set this up step by step, but I`ll try some more and hopefully get a decent result :)