Different Worlds

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by babygameZ, Jan 18, 2022.

1. babygameZ

babygameZ Boxer

I recently bought buildbox 3 pro and then it updated to this trial and i cant stand it, my game is basically done, all im trying to do is change the color scheme in each world/stage, and it changes it for all. I just dont get it, any info would be very much apricated. Thank you!

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

An asset will remain the same for the entire game. For an example. If you have an asset named 'Green Wall', it will have the same name & color for each world. You'll need to import a new asset or duplicate the 'Green Wall' asset, then change its name & color.
    I hope this helps.

3. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

If your model dont have textures then you can use set color node to change color scheme for each level.
    All you have to do is add set color node to object in mind map and pin node color property so it should visible in game world then select your object in game world and set its color there.

4. babygameZ

babygameZ Boxer

thank you what asset should i apply it to, i literally have like 10 different worlds with 10 scenes a piece, only using 5 assets.

5. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

You need to add set color node to every asset you are using in game world which you want to change color.

for example you have 5 different models you will add set color node to everyone and pin node color property.
    Then in game world set there color and then in next world set there color again so they look different from last world.

You need to also do it for every scene because each object will have its own color property and you have to set that.

6. babygameZ

babygameZ Boxer

thanks dude!