Bb3 Vs Classic For 2d

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by EdwinXiao, Jan 7, 2022.

1. EdwinXiao

EdwinXiao Boxer

Hi there,
    Looking at BB for speedy prototyping and wonder if the 2d portion of BB3 is comparable to Classic or if there are missing features? Also, will BB Classic still receive updates? Or has development (apart from bug smashing) stopped in favour of BB3?

Cheers

2. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

3. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

Also.. From my time working in BuildBox 3 I have found that the 2D development has more to it than BuildBox Classic does. So to answer your question concerning BuildBox 3 and 2D development the answer is.. Yes BuildBox 3 can easily handle 2D development and so far is pretty cool from my experience so far. Try it out for yourself and see.. ;)

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I'm going to say BuildBox Classic is simpler to use for 2D there are too many hoops you have to jump through in BB3 to even get a simple platformer to get it to work, not saying it can't be done in BB3, but setting up things like animations are way simpler in Classic !

5. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

Simpler yes! But extremely limited when it comes to actual game logic to make your game do things that you want in it. And BuildBox 3 isn't that difficult of a learning curve compared to other similar game development platforms that are out there. If you want your game to be truly unique you are going to have to make some additional steps along the way to accomplish that also! Just simple facts is all! ;)

Sean Buildbox likes this.