Buildbox 3.4.4 Update: Global Sharing Via Buildbox Export, Node Improvements, And More!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

[​IMG]

Our new update, Buildbox 3.4.4, is officially live! This latest update brings a host of goodies, including the ability to share your Buildbox World Bits Globally! You’ll also notice an updated home screen, a new ‘UI Labels List’ custom attribute option and other performance improvements.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Here’s a quick rundown of What’s New in Buildbox 3.4.4!

Global Sharing via Buildbox World Export
    [​IMG]

In Buildbox 3.4.4, global sharing via Buildbox World export is now available. When you click the share globally button, the Buildbox team will review your bit before uploading it to the explore feed, where anyone in the world can view and play your bits. You can play your bit on any Android device. You’ll also receive a custom URL that you can share on iOS and Android to let your friends, family, and anybody else who has Buildbox World installed to play your bit.

Watch our reveal video to learn more!

You can view the list of acceptance criteria for globally shared bits here.

[​IMG]

Click the buttons below OR scan the QR Code above to download Buildbox World on Android or iOS today!

DOWNLOAD ON GOOGLE PLAY

DOWNLOAD ON IOS

Note: We are currently working on an update to the Buildbox World iOS and Android Apps that will enable the use of shareable links generated during the global sharing process through Buildbox 3.

Updated Home Screen
    [​IMG]

Buildbox 3.4.4’s home screen has also been updated with new connections to Discord, the Forum, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms to keep you up to speed on what’s going on in the community and at Buildbox.

New Node Improvements
    We’ve also made plenty of improvements to the nodes in Buildbox 3.4.4. The UI Joystick Move node now has a built-in receive node for better functionality. Improvements have also been made to the Sound and Circular Move node UI, error messaging on Interval & Threshold and Health Bar nodes, and ‘enter text here’ attributes in nodes.

For a detailed list of changes, you can view the full changelog below:
    • Global Sharing via Buildbox World Export
    • Updated Home Screen with links to Instagram, TikTok and more
    • Added Default Images for UI screen buttons with color attribute option
    • The UI Joystick Move node now has a built-in Receive node
    • Improvements to Sound and Circular Move node UI
    • Improved ‘enter text here’ attributes in nodes
    • Added a ‘UI Labels List’ custom attribute option
    • Adbox now included at the bottom of the waterfall for all ad-enabled games
    Thanks so much for your continued support and feedback. We’ll be working hard on future updates to make improvements and bring more of the features and functionality that you want to see to the platform. Be sure to check out our new Product Feedback page to see what we’re working on next and leave your suggestions.

We can’t wait to see what you create with Buildbox 3.4.4!

2. batahf

batahf Boxer

[​IMG]
    I am facing problem with BuildBox 3 when exporting the game to Android or to BuildBox World...Also when I export it to an apk file and install it on my phone it crashes when I try to run it
    the application works perfectly for me and I can try the games directly through the emulator built into the application, but the problem I face is when I export a project to an Apk file and try to run it, a black screen appears for less than a second And the Game crashes (edited)
    [8:15 AM]
    This is the project file

3. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Finally got round to checking this update.

Unfortunately the label issue I had in the previous version is still happening in this one. Not sure if it was meant to get fixed in this one or future ones?

4. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Can't export to Android. It crashes. I'm using Mac.

5. Sean Buildbox

It crashes every time? So far cannot reproduce. Have you sent in the crash reports? Will DM you

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Bug report: Publishing to bb world is not working anymore from 3.4.3 since 3.4.4 is out

7. Sean Buildbox

This is not a bug, exporting is limited to 3.4.4. You will need to update in order to do that. We communicated this a few weeks ago.

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Oh, sorry. I guess that passed over me for some reason

Sean Buildbox likes this.