Xcode Issue

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Renel Demary, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

I’ve been trying to export a game for the past 4 weeks and I’ve been getting this error “ Xcode can’t read the property in my desktop folder…”
    Now that I updated Xcode to 13, I’m getting this error that I need to signing for “BBPLAYER” requires a development team. Select a development team…

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Sounds like you have set this up for testing version, rather than full release. You can find more info here. But seriously, you shouldn't be waiting 4 weeks to resolve something like this. The moment I encounter any problem with xcode or android studio, I just google the error and track down a solution. https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1814/_index.html

3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Go to your Apple Developer account (if you have one) and check that everything is up to date. They made changes recently and you had to accept them. If you don't do anything in Xcode.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

i didn’t change anything at all, it’s been working for the past 6 months, all of a sudden it is asking to signing to a development team event though it was already signing. And thanks for trying to help out, I appreciate that. I’m still trying to find a solution since that didn’t work.

5. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

I checked it out and everything seems to be good. There are no requests. thanks for trying to help.

6. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Apple has changed this back and forth several times over the years. If you do not have an Apple Developer account you may indeed need one

Hue Buildbox and Jaro like this.
  7. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

I do have an Apple account and it will be expired in February 2022.

8. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Maybe create a new bundle ID in BB and try again.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

People are sending you in all kinds of directions here. Apple has always demanded you have a developer account, has never changed or altered over the years. You need to have a developers account, and you stated you do. You need to have a certificate for the app, which you create at Apple. You also have a Developers signing certificate, which was dropped into your Xcode, you probably have already done this since you have already created IOS apps in the past. However these certificates expire.
    So now you need to change to the second screen in Xcode to Signing & Capabilities and change the Team to you, should be in drop down, if it is not that means your developer certificate may have expired and can be recreated in the Apple Developers account and dropped within Xcode. It also could mean that you failed to setup a App certificate in Apple Developers account, which registers you as Owner.
    So check your developers certificate, follow directions to drop it back into Xcode and check your app certificate to make sure it is registered and you have copied it correctly.
    It appears from your image you need to recreate the developers certificate and drop it back into Xcode so you are registered as developer and ensure you set the app certificate up on Apple’s certificate site area.

You will show up in the drop down menu once you properly have your developer certificate in Xcode.
    This is what Signing by Development Team means. You have to have a valid developers certificate, which should show up in the Team dropdown menu.

upload_2021-9-25_11-9-51.png

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  10. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Having an Apple account is not enough. Your developer certificate can and will expire and needs recreated and redropped into Xcode. Check to make sure it is not expired in the Certificate area on the Apple site. Recreate cert file and drop it back into Xcode.

11. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Thanks a lot, I didn’t know that.

12. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Thanks a lot, I guess that’s what happened. I couldn’t even update my older game on the App Store because of that. I’ll let you guys know if this works.
    Thank you.

13. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

By the way, it’s only been about 3 to 4 months since I created everything and published the game on the App Store. would that be possible for it to be expired after 3-4 months?

14. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

So, I just checked all my certificates are going to be expired in 2022.

15. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Here’s a pic of the expiry date

Attached Files:

16. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You're wrong. Your account will expire in 2022 if you do not pay for the extension for the next 12 months. This has nothing to do with the certificates that appear at any time due to changes. Even if you have incorrectly completed or not updated payment methods, you may have problems with Xcode.

17. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Thanks for your response,
    I checked the keyschain and the certificates say expiry date is 2022.

Attached Files:

18. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

It doesn’t work for any of them, old or new bundle ID. Do I need to call Apple to look into it?

19. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If you are sure that everything is ok on your side, ask Apple about this problem.

20. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer