Shadow Issue

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wmfear, Aug 27, 2021.

1. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hi guys.

So, I`ve encountered an issue with shadows of my models suddenly dissapearing when the character is moved away from it. I`ve almost tried every setting in the light-sun option, but to no avail. BB support is currently looking into this (I hope), but if any of you have a hack or someway around this, I`d appreciate it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k1t81k7btkiiw6/output.avi?dl=0

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

The reason behind this is due to the fact that the camera does not render the object if it's not in view therefore the object does not exist and the shadow disappears, I don't think there's a way of fixing this as of now it's behaving as expected but I'll play around maybe I find something

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Sean Buildbox and wmfear like this.
  3. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

I've also found this to be particularly annoying. My game has an unusual camera angle which results in the environments shadows constantly disappearing/appearing. Also if I have large buildings in my scene it will only render half of the shadow cast by this building.

An option to always render shadows would be nice OR always render shadows of an object that is X distance away from the character.

wmfear likes this.