How Can I Use A Video As A Background For My Main Menu?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DBL, Jul 29, 2021.

1. DBL

DBL Boxer

I want to do fly-throughs of the 3D worlds I built as the background for my main menu.

A related question is: How can randomize which video plays?

Thank you!

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

3. DBL

DBL Boxer

Thank you for the suggestion! Alas, it didn't work. I'm baffled. I followed these steps:
    1. Select the object that you want to animate in the Scene Editor. (Did this.)
    2. Click the frame number in the Animation Bar, for example 0, and position the object to the location in the scene where you want it to be at this point. (Did this.)
    3. Click the Record button. (Did this.)
    4. Click the next frame number in the Animation Bar, for example, 20, and move the object to a new location in the scene. (Did this.)
    5. Continue with the process until you create the desired movement on the screen. (Added no more frames, so skipped this.)
    6. Click the Record button when done. (Did this.)
    7. To preview the animation, click the Play button. (Game loads, text is sitting where the second frame places it.)
    ???

I'm not deviating from these instructions at all.

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

5. atumxstudios

atumxstudios Boxer

You can use one world as your main video world and then make a few duplicates for your video cut scenes. Just add a movement to an invisible object in the scene and connect your camera to that. Then add an event timeout time to jump to the next camera angle and so on.. I can probably do a demo on a template if you guys need a better idea of how to do it