What's Happened To Screen Positions From Bb2 To Bb3?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Coldwilson, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

On BB2 the position of objects seemed to be based on the number of pixels on the screen. So let's say 800 for example on the x axis (can also go -ve). This made perfect sense.

In BB3 it seems to be possibly divided by 100 perhaps, with centre of screen at 0. I can't find any way to change this. I can't fathom why it's preferable to have a x axis position as 3.876 rather than say 387 or is it 3876, there wasn't 0.1 increments on BB2.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

2. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Well I'm stumped, on BB2 I could see if something was say 10 pixels out of alignment - there's no settings to change the scale or go cartesian for instance.

I have to say that I'm feeling pretty fed up with the steep learning curve on BB3 compared to BB2 - I can see it's certainly easier than Unity but at least there's support and a community there. Looks like I'm at a crossroads.

3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If someone is learning B3, he should forget about B2. There are already a lot of interesting tutorials on BB sites, but there are also interesting user tutorials on YT. For me it was interesting what Zack was doing. You could see how many of B3's functions work in practice