Buildbox Classic 2.21.1 Beta #2722 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, May 3, 2021.

1. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

I loaded a template and was able to delete the Buildbox Logo, no problem.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox when I start Bb Classic it says I am on plus membership which I am actually a pro user. When I create a new project and click the settings also it doesn'T allow me to enter Ad Ids and everything it says I am on plus membership. I checked also BB3 and BB2 2.3.14 version they work fine. Thank you

3. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I can help with that.
    Your account should be good now. Try signing out, then sign in again.

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool! @Hue Buildbox thank you so much! I appreciate that!

Sean Buildbox and Hue Buildbox like this.
  5. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

6. Hue Buildbox

You're very welcome! Anytime!

volcank likes this.
  7. Hue Buildbox

Hi, I was not able to find your account in our new database, which sometimes means you have not yet installed and/or signed in with the same email address that's associated with your Pro subscription.
    Can you send a screenshot of the Welcome screen of BB Classic over to me at support@buildbox.com, so we can confirm that you're signed in to the correct account?
    (For an example, please see the attached image)

Attached Files:

Jaro likes this.
  8. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

This is great! Perfect! Does this version or the upcoming launch version have the latest Google Mobile Ads SDK for iOS? The last update had Google Mobile ADS SDK version 8.0, but we've been warned to update to the latest GMASDK (8.5) immediately so we can deliver personalized ads again on iOS with the Same App Key, a feature introduced in 8.3 https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/rel-notes.

Also, this one's a little bit farther off into the future as the deadline to update is November, but how about Google Play Billing Library version 3? Is it included in this version or will be included at launch? It's at 3.0.3 now, Google Play Billing Library release notes (android.com)

Whichever the case, this is excellent. The timing is great, as I'm going to start making games again starting today. Time to crush the App Stores. Let's gooo!!! :)

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    volcank and MAC420 like this.
  9. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I've been using Buildbox Classic for a bit longer and find that it runs more stable and launches faster. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything. Are there any improvements or even new features coming in Classic?

If you want to see Buildbox Classic in action you are welcome to visit my Chanel. I make live videos every now and then.

HooGames Youtube

MAC420 likes this.
  10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

So I'm messing around with BBC. First off I don't see anything new which is a bit disappointing but, at least BB2 is living on. Now I got curious and checked out where I could Export my games... NO STEAM!?!?!?

11. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

When can we expect an update that fixes the performance problems on Android? Unfortunately, the differences between Android and Apple are extremely large. Some games run very slowly on Android even on a fast phone. I use a maximum of 2 Atlasses and I think I know some tricks to make a game not too big. In my opinion it's more the engine. ;)

Green Fennec Studio likes this.
  12. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I have a question for you cause you do export to Steam how do you feel that Steam is not included with BBclassic?

13. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Steam can't be crushed. I believe you posted there? Is it right?

14. DariusGuerrero

@MAC420 @Jaro

That's strange. I got nervous reading that post so I checked myself. It seems the PC and Steam export options are still there? And the Windows EXE export appears to be working. I don't know how the Steam export by itself works, but it seems to produce the files. I'm on the Windows PC version of BB Classic. Did the modules download for you?

FYI: I've always used the Windows EXE export option for publishing on Steam as it seems to be the easier route. There seems to be an option to upload the ZIP on Steam itself but it never worked for me. I use the SteamCMD Content Builder tool to upload the exported Windows EXE folder to Steamworks. Check their documentation. It's what I follow to upload on Steam. Uploading to Steam (Steamworks Documentation) (steamgames.com)

By the way, I'm not staff nor anyone. I'm just offering the steps I used for publishing on Steam. A little bit busy with personal stuff these days so please go check YouTube and other places if you feel lost in the Steam publishing process. Good luck!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    volcank, MAC420 and Jaro like this.
  15. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

An update to BClassic # 2733 has just appeared with export to ios, android, osx and exe.

16. DariusGuerrero

Ah. I may not have updated my copy.

Still, as far as I know boxers that publish on Steam like me export it as Windows EXE. For me, Windows EXE is much easier than having to build the application in Microsoft Visual Studio, because Windows EXE is already the playable PC version of it.

But if there are other people that go the Steam Export - Microsoft Visual Studio - Steam Route, then this should be fixed for them. Perhaps the latest update just had an error with the export modules or something? It has happened before. If that is the case then it should be an easy fix for the BB team

17. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear the "Steam" export was purposely removed for BBClassic as it had not been updated in several years and saw very little use. As you've stated the EXE export works for Steam uploads but if there are more concerns please shoot me a DM or email support@buildbox.com for more details and we'll be happy to discuss.

Jaro, MAC420 and DariusGuerrero like this.
  18. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Oh no I'm sorry I'm well aware you are not staff. Thanks for the info anyway.

19. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Thank you

20. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox can you please reply to my DM on the issues that I have been facing? Has it been resolved? In the meanwhile if support is in here can you please resolve my issue where I have a FULL LICENSE to buildbox 2 but it says that I'm on a pro plan but customized splash screen, add integration, in-app purchase and facebook analytics SDK all isn't allowed. I have already sent in an email to support but still no update if this issue has been resolved or not :( totally disappointed tbh