Color Switch

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Machine Rises, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Thanks

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Spot on :)

Wings n Armor likes this.
  3. viimp

viimp Boxer

@Machine Rises Great success story!!!!!! You inspired me to go further!

I showed a game to Fortafy Games but they said that they do not publish games any more, because they make them by their own =(. But they could buy game ideas. Do you know anything about this new strategy?

And Do you know, how are they related to Leaderbolt?

4. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises how much downloads you have till now
    and if there is no problem could you share with us how much do you earn with this game ...?

5. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@Machine Rises Congrats buddy!! I just saw that you've taken the #1 spot in the U.S store..
    I was hoping that you would beat out that Lifeline game.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 9.02.40 PM.png

Jamie and Machine Rises like this.
  6. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Congrats my man! Absolutely amazing. We have not hit #1. You are king ;)

7. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

You're a legend! You've inspired me to step my game up and do so more research along with others! Congratulations on your success, I hope it stays consistent and Color Switch won't be your last title!

Machine Rises likes this.
  8. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Thanks everyone! Wow I can't believe it it feels unreal still. Honestly it never would have happened with out @trey and his dream of making AMAZING software that would be able to be used by anyone. To this day I can't write a line of code yet I have the #1 game in the USA and many other countries. Thank you Trey and your awesome team:cool: And thank you again to people who helped me out with advice and insights @Florian Porkert @Aaron F @Collin Wade Thiessen @Simon Crack @Andy sorry if I missed anyone:rolleyes:

Sajalsh_25, Jamie, initBB and 4 others like this.
  9. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Doooooooood that rocks!!!!!! Congrats!

Sajalsh_25, Jamie and Machine Rises like this.
  10. Eric H

Eric H Boxer

Congrats Machine! Well done. You have achieved what many of us aim for. Thanks for the story and tips. Best wishes for future titles mate.

11. Machine Rises

Hmm I guess they would buy your idea and do some kind of deal? Leadbolt is just one of many ad networks in our add strategy so I think that's about it.

Yup go far as you can there's no limit!

12. Machine Rises

Don't forget guys if you work hard, learn from others, grow as a person, be kind, and help others along the way, you can reach your dreams. Nothing special about me. I just had a dream of traveling the world running an app business from my laptop. I had no prior skill in apps, programming, graphic art, game design, color theory, etc. I just believed I could do it and started to take daily actions; even today I still study all those areas. You won't know how much time it will take to reach your dream, but if you work hard daily even if you do something small it will add up and your dream will manifest when the time is right. You will get frustrated, and you will fail; you should learn to love each failure. This is a sign that you are on your way towards your dream. If you aren't failing, you aren't trying. You will fail countless times and you will pick yourself up countless times. Just always know that you can succeed and one day you'll be there. Don't blame others for anything and take responsibility for yourself. Don't listen to negative people and don't become a negative person yourself. Stay positive as frustrating as things can be at times. Above all else just don't give up;)

Wings n Armor, wcgames, rcdub and 6 others like this.
  13. initBB

initBB Boxer

Wow! Congrats @Machine Rises! So awesome and inspiring to see someone make it to the top of the mountain. Also, thanks to you for your contributions and humility in the forums. Your success couldn't be more well-deserved!

14. steve

steve Avid Boxer

Congratulations @Machine Rises I've just downloaded the new update. Those challenges are a killer (and I'm only on the easy ones) Hope the update keeps the game going strong at the top of the pile.

15. Machine Rises

Thanks guys! Yup update is live on IOS with new challenge mode and characters ;)

Gadget123456 likes this.
  16. onetap

onetap Avid Boxer

Did you build the new update in Buildbox still?

17. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Congrats @Machine Rises for reaching #1 Is the new challenge mode added with BB2 ???

18. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I've answered my own question. In a word: NO
    From the Buildbox Blog.

Update: It has come to our attention the publisher of Color Switch has recently teamed up with the popular development house Eyebox Games. Together they have submitted an update to Color Switch that is ported from Buildbox to native code so they could add custom features. This new version plays identical to the original in gameplay and we’re excited to announce that every custom feature they added will be available in Buildbox 2.0. Buildbox 2.0 will be officially released in Q1 2016 and can be tested now through our early access program.

buman likes this.
  19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The new update is great. I want to add something very similar to my own game (level and endless) and it's good to know it will be available in BB2. Just not sure I can wait till a stable version is out. I fear it's going to take much more than Q1 2016 to get released. When I read the what's new part from Color Switch in the app store I had to laugh about the improved loading time. But it's true. It's very fast now. This is something I always disliked with all BB games. It just takes too long to load. Good to know this has also changed in BB2.

A question for @TreySmith:
    If every custom feature will be available in BB2 does this mean we can have actions for each character? In Color Switch each character can take up the color switch action and keep its current form. Will this really be available as a feature?

And sorry to bother you again @Machine Rises but this is probably something you can talk about: ;)
    I remember when you wanted to implement Heyzapp. Why did you decide against it? What were you using in version 1.1 and what now?

And then I got two small commentaries. The first one is about the music. I think the original version 1.0 had the best song and If I "dislike" something now it's that it has changed. Not a biggie though. The music is still great. I just liked the first version more. :) The second one is about the star animation and the same, the original version was very cool. It was so good I admit I would like to copy it for my own game. It somehow got lost when Eyebox Games ported it.

20. Machine Rises

@Christoph Heyzap Mediation is something you have to do yourself so it was just a matter of not having it figured out correctly to implement it. I think we went with Admob and a few other networks early on. The music should still be the same for the main game. I think we have different music for challenges mode. I agree about the start I think the older animation was better I might change it.

Christoph likes this.