An Update From Buildbox Ceo, Jonathan Zweig

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, May 18, 2021.

1. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Green Fennec Studio likes this.
  2. cdspy2000

cdspy2000 Boxer

It applies to Master Collection 2.0 purchases as a PRO user (im pay Usd 2500) How to Affect. Explain this please.

3. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I'm not convinced they can. They are bound by the previous agreement, you only have to show the video's of what tray said about the master collection being a lifetime pass for BB3 and not owning anymore after that.

4. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

I concur. This is going to be a legal nightmare for Jonathan Z if does not stick with the terms of sale when MC2 was sold.

wayne_martell likes this.
  5. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

this is all very disappointing. Actions are stronger than words and I hope buildbox realizes this one day.

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

T&C's change all the time. YouTube just recently updated their's and many other companies do. They could also argue that the old T&C's no longer apply, as Buildbox was acquired by Apponboard. Either way, they must - under law, provide notice of any changes and give users an option to accept or cancel any subscriptions after a deadline, if said T&Cs aren't accepted.

7. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

How much did you pay YouTube for a "lifetime" subscription?

I would like an official clarification from the company what happens to the lifetime buyers.

8. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

No, that's not how it works. When take over a new company, you also take over all previous commitment of the company. Even if you change the name of the program, if it contains the same code then you have to keep maintaining those commitments. I don't really care I just use BB3 to make a few games for friends and enjoy creating games, just an expensive hobby !

9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Just upload all your unfinished games NOW. if you have 15 random projects, quickly slap a menu and privacy policy link to them, state on store that it is early access or just early unfinished version. Then in 2 years when you finally get around to the 15th game, just update it. This way all your future works were LIVE on stores before July. Also, you cannot take say, a racing game and turn it into a flappy bird game. Against store policies. SO make sure the games you upload are the TYPE they will be in the future. In a nutshell, spend from now to July and get all you projects live. Even if its a simple ball jump template. If its a FNAF style game you want to eventually make, then upload a crappy fnaf style game and make it live. MUST ME LIVE ON STORES NOT PRIVATE ETC. Then when you get around to it, update it as you go. Most people wont do this so it wont affect their plans at all.

10. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

YouTube added in their T&Cs they will now include ads in ALL content from it's creators. And they are providing 30 days notice of said changes.

Yes, you should expect an email from BB giving you notice to any changes to those who purchased the MC

11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

The obligations are transferred to the new owner, but it often happens that the new owner reserves the right to make changes to the contract at any time, even without prior notice. By using the product, the user automatically agrees to it.

12. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

I am not a lawyer but using the waybackmachine I pulled the T&C from 2017 until the present and all of them say this (the wording changes in the more current ones):

COMPANY reserves the right to modify or to discontinue the Website and any products or services provided by COMPANY hereunder, with or without notice to You. COMPANY shall not be liable to You in the event that COMPANY exercises its rights under this Section.

13. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

All this is unrealistic and I can't see it being enforced.
    Unless an app becomes a big success and the developer is located in the USA, they can't really do much. They would go out of business very quickly with lawyer fees if they were trying to go after users in the USA...
    Best thing Buildbox can do is retract all this and apologize. Its bad publicity, nothing more.

Buildbox should also consider getting out of California and move to Texas or Florida. That will:
    - Reduce costs
    - Reduce taxes
    - Get away from the over regulating mentality.
    Elon Musk did it...

14. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

I think you got it right the first time actually. The percentage (30%) is shared with Buildbox... so you keep 70. This is how I read the information under price plans.

15. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Not for users of the free version, it states clearly:

As referenced on the Buildbox Pricing Page, the “Default” revenue share for the Free Tier is 70% to Buildbox and 30% to you.

16. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

In this page:
    https://www.buildbox.com/rev-share-details/

It clearly states:
    the “Default” revenue share for the Free Tier is 70% to Buildbox and 30% to you.

And it kicks in after the first $5.00
    the “Default” Monthly Threshold for the Free Tier is US$5.00.

And if you change your plan after you release your game:
    At that point, the revenue share percentage for that game will be set and will not change if you upgrade your subscription plan.

And you are supposed to send 70% of any other revenue you generate:
    • You may monetize your games in other ways, for example, through premium sales, subscription fees, and/or in-app purchases (any such other revenue, “Independent Revenue”).
    • If and when one of your games exceeds the applicable Monthly Threshold, you agree to share the Independent Revenue with AppOnboard according to the applicable revenue share percentage for that game for that month.

comicsmathias likes this.
  17. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

I'm kind of okay with buildbox taking 70% if the software is for free.

18. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

I don't have a problem with anything they do for the free version, its the 10% cut for the pro version that aggravates me. Some people are focusing too much about the free version... the real people being screwd are the people paying $500/ year and buildbox wanting more!!

comicsmathias and adrianjgomez like this.
  19. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Jonathan Zweig won't discuss nor go into detail about this with his customers. Not here not ever. o_O
    forgetaboutit!

comicsmathias likes this.
  20. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I'm really steaming mad, they are the worst 3D game's app graphics on the market, you don't even have normal maps for your 3d models and FBX integration terrible. For crying out loud get up to the industry standard before going forward. Sorry just not happy !