Sell characters with real money (in-app purchase)

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Christoph, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Can I sell characters for real money or is this something still in development? How does the user know how much it cost?

I have no problems to set it up with in-app currency. And when I put 50 for the in-app currency, this amount is going to show up. But when I put it to in-app purchase then there is no field to put the price. I know that I have to set it up in iTunes Connect and Google Play Store, but how can I let the user know how much the character is going to cost?

2. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

No easy way to do this as I have found :) not without maybe adding an image to show the cost of the character.

We defo need an option to add the price.

Obv the price will show up via Apple/Google as the IAP before purchase but it's not as user friendly.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can create a custom unlock animation for each character and add the price there if you want it. This is really the most flexible way as you have full control.

Jamie, Christoph and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @Christoph, as @simon mentioned, it's not a simple process and if you want to go the route of adding ia app pricing, then of course you have to consider all the possible currencies around the globe. I had this conversation with my programmer for a quiz app I did and he integrated it all nicely as the IAP info can be retrieved from Apple. This does involve external coding away from BB, but if you have a coder, it's not so difficult to do - he said :)

Here are a couple of links that provide some info about retrieving In-App-Product-Info.

Retrieving Product Information
    SKProduct

Jamie and Christoph like this.
  5. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

^ ah I did not know that @Andy . Where do we place the custom unlock animation? So far I have just placed the one unlock button in the character selector?

6. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@Simon Crack Its been added to the options for for the actual characters themselves. Default Animation, Move Animation, Jump Animation, Unlock Animation, etc

Jamie and Simon Crack like this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. I saw this option but it is not a very good solution if you want to mix in-app purchase with in-app currency purchase. It would be a hassle to get the exact same design between the two. A simple field to fill in the information would be better IMHO. Also, it wouldn't take any space in the atlass and make the game bigger.

Regarding the different currencies, I think it is not necessary. I mean it would be awesome to have it localized somehow, but everybody in the world has most probably a reference to what 1USD is worth. A lot of games keep the USD and once the purchase has to be confirmed then you see the conversion. It's not that bad.

8. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

@stevinz nice shout! Had not noticed that :) thanks.

9. AndrewZ

AndrewZ Boxer

Has anyone worked out how to have the option to either purchase characters using "In-house coins" OR "IAP" similar to crossy road ?

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Basically true, but it works at the moment. Theoretically, in the future you could add a label object to the animation using the animation editor. ;-) This is the best of both worlds and the direction we are headed in for the future.

Not possible on a single character right now.

Christoph likes this.