Buildbox 2 Update 2.3.14 #2713 Is Live

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Green Fennec Studio

Green Fennec Studio Boxer

Thanks Buildbox Team :cool: i love buildbox 2.3.x

Member_Game and Sean Buildbox like this.
  2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Exporting with 2.3.14 blank and with Admob on Android it runs and serves Admob ads with no problem on our end. Can you send exact errors/issue and details to support@buildbox.com and we'll have no problem investigating deeper for your specific issues?

I'll forward these onto the team. We've already been on the record stating that the Google Billing 3.0 updates will be made well ahead of the deadlines near the the end of the year. In the meantime exporting to Android with Admob still works fine. We will check into and update Android exports but in the meantime avoiding unnecessary updates you should have no problem with Android exports and Buildbox 2.

3. Sean Buildbox

Currently exporting to Android with Ads and a demo file works perfectly fine if you are not making custom modifications. If you have a specific example we would love for you to send it into support@buildbox.com so we can investigate what the variable might be, if you have been requested an example it is because we've already taken this step to be clear.

And yes, as stated before Android Billing 3.0 will be updated well ahead of the deadlines late this year. Cheers :)

Green Fennec Studio likes this.
  4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

My released game for Android using the latest Buildbox 2 update had no problems when it comes to serving admob ads as well.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox

So just trying to upload a new app icon with the new update and the app icon goes pale when I test it on Xcode? Even when I submit the build the icon is pale on iOS. I tried keeping my old icon and the color was perfect but I would like to be able to update to a new icon.
    Please let me know how to solve this.

Thanks
    Deb

Green Fennec Studio likes this.
  6. Sean Buildbox

I haven't seen this issue reported yet. Can you send in details to support@buildbox.com and we'll be happy to help you resolve it

7. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Hi Sean,
    I figured it out, we don't have to take the alpha off the icon anymore and I was still doing this:)
    Best,
    Deb

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    What about the other adnetworks like Chartboost and Facebook, have they been updated for IOS?

9. Hussamhay

Hussamhay Boxer

hi, The problem is when switching to the new version
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:19.8.0'
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:20.1.0'
    An error comes

The program must be updated to the new version and make changes. See updates

implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:20.0.0'
    https://developers.google.com/admob/android/migration

implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:20.1.0'
    https://developers.google.com/android/reference/com/google/android/gms/ads/AdError#toString()

Thanks, waiting for your comment on the topic

10. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

11. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

Its version 8.0.0 from what I see on my admob account, the requirement is to have 7.64.0 or higher. https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/ios14?hl=en-US

Once you update your app the message will go away... It might show up again if someone that did not update opens the app, but that's fine...

12. DariusGuerrero

Yes I already have mine on 8.0 as well. the 7.6.4 is just for SKAd network, and App Tracking Transparency. which is just for compliance for now. But if you scroll down on the same page you linked will see that Same App Key has a prerequisite of 8.3

there's a new message to the developers from google to update to the most recent Google Mobile Ads SDK 8.5, since they introduced the Same App Key in 8.3 that would allow personalized ads based on the app itself/ also, for posterity, in the long term it's always good to ensure your ad sdks are updated to the latest standards so we won't run into more problems later on.

eventually they'll put a warning on the admob accounts of members again for the Same App Key, just like they did for SkAd Network, so it's good to be proactive. plus, having it updated to the latest means a higher percentage of revenue

and also hoping the new version has Google Play Billing Library version 3 since it will be required by November, but that one is for later

either way I'm excited to see buildbox community grow even more with the release of Buildbox Classic!

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Marclb and Jaro like this.
  13. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox @Hue Buildbox @Mike Seavers

In buildbox 2 android games, the share option is not working, I have mailed the team before and posted here also, I dont know why the team is not able to understand.

here is the steps to replicate the issue.

1. create a new game in buildbox 2 latest version
    2. add a navigation button and select its action as share
    3. export to android
    4. import in android studio
    5. run the app in phone or emulator
    6. click on the share button, it will not work

Please fix this issue, the problem is with the screen shot create and store in a some path

here is the problamatic code in exported android project, in the file PTServicesBridge.java

File outputDir = activity.getExternalCacheDir();
    final File file = File.createTempFile("screenshot", ".png", outputDir);
    FileOutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream(file);
    screenshot.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG, 85, stream);
    stream.flush();
    stream.close();
    activity.runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
    @Override
    public void run() {
    StrictMode.VmPolicy.Builder builder = new StrictMode.VmPolicy.Builder();
    StrictMode.setVmPolicy(builder.build());
    // now finally we have screenshot so we need to call Intent and submit message and screenshot together
    Log.v(TAG, "PTServicesBridge -- openShareWidget with text:" + message);
    Intent sharingIntent = new Intent(android.content.Intent.ACTION_SEND);
    sharingIntent.setType("image/*");
    sharingIntent.putExtra(android.content.Intent.EXTRA_TEXT, message);
    sharingIntent.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM, Uri.fromFile(file));
    activity.startActivity(Intent.createChooser(sharingIntent, "Share" ));
    }
    });

File outputDir = activity.getExternalCacheDir(); the storage implementation is changed from android 10, the share button is working in android 9 and below.

@support

If you dont understand this thigs, please forward the request to a technical guy, please dont ask for the project again ( i have shared already) and also dont blindly suggest that the sharing will work after uploading to google play, the issue is related to android 10 and 11 implementation, please act sensibly.

14. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

please check the share button of yuor game in android 10 and android 11,its not working, please confirm

15. Sean Buildbox

Sorry for any confusion, share button on Android not working is a known issue. We hope to resolve it in the near future. We appreciate your patience.

Marclb likes this.
  16. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Has that bug for the Splash Screen been sorted yet?
    Where if doesn't correctly display the what's on the start screen and that the background isn't covering the entire screen?
    Thanks.

17. DariusGuerrero

can you
    buildbox had to use the storyboard for the splash screens because of new app store requirements, but on my end it does display the splash.

check this one, this might be the solution? i have splash screens on my BB games and they show on my end.

How Do I Make My Splash Screen Correctly? | Buildbox Official Forum

18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Thanks, but it’s not to do with cached images.
    This happens even on BB games from BB2/BB3 that are freshly installed from the App Store.

I was hoping by now this would be fixed. I reported it 18 months ago lol

19. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

hello everyone i downloaded buildbox classic when i import my game to android studio it does not work but on buildbox 3 its working fine

20. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

Cause: org.jetbrains.plugins.gradle.tooling.util.ModuleComponentIdentifierImpl.getModuleIdentifier()Lorg/gradle/api/artifacts/ModuleIdentifier;