Bug With If Colide Node When Affected Asset Is The "character"

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tributorock, Apr 7, 2021.

1. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys,

How to reproduce it:

1 - Create a character with platformer brainbox
    2 - Connect a Health node with 1 health and put a delay node, remove node and game over blablabla....... you know how to do this

upload_2021-4-7_18-36-30.png

3 - After that create an enemy and put a IF COLIDE node with affected asset as the character and a damage node to kill the character like this

upload_2021-4-7_18-38-7.png

4 - A bug happens and the enemy can't kill the character. If i set the affected asset to the specific character asset tht i my project is "characterMEDIUM" so it works:

upload_2021-4-7_18-39-47.png

I am sending the BBDOC to prove this. Before in another version it was not happening.

* To test just change the affected asset that is in the if colide inside the enemy and change it from CHARACTER to characterMEDIUM

This is the BBDOC file

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1oQSIgkK9--GmlpjwizNwsUN_sxHjlcxJ

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you please share a screen shot of character selected and the right side panel (option panel) with that character object selected?

3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Aaand there's the issue, your character object has collision group set to none instead or character that's why I'd colide does not work as you expect it to work.

Change the collision group to character, retest and close this thread :)

5. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Yeah man you are correct. Sometimes i think that i am blind. I did not see that thank you

Vlad-NY likes this.