App rejected by Apple.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by smnly, Jan 20, 2016.

1. smnly

smnly Boxer

hey guys.

So I submitted my first buildbox app, it was rejected today because of the following reason...

"We noticed that several screens of your app were crowded or laid out in a way that made it difficult to use your app."

How do I overcome this? The game runs perfectly on iPhone 5 and above but when it comes to the iPhone 4/4s it looks like this (see screenshot).

It seems to be every game I try to make on buildbox has the same issue with the 4/4s.

Screen shot -
    http://imgur.com/a/MYxMM

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You need to check "Stick to Edge" option only for screen elements you want to place relative to the edges. Uncheck it for screen elements to be placed relative to the center.

3. smnly

smnly Boxer

Thanks for your reply.

Where is the stick to edge option?

Luke.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

5. smnly

smnly Boxer

THANK YOU :)

6. vedavyas_kadudas

vedavyas_kadudas Boxer

I tried experimenting with the "Stick to edge" option. But it is still not helping my align the elements on my screen properly. It works fine in iPhone 5 and above, but when it comes to iPhone 4/4s and other android small screen devices, all the alignment gets screwed up.
    Screenshot-640x960-2016-03-28-06.38.50PM.png Screenshot-640x1136-2016-03-28-06.38.43PM.png
    PS: I'm using BB2 beta 4 version.

Please help.

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

In your case if you 100% want to duplicate that layout you need to UNCHECK ""stick to edge" on ALL objects... you are not doing any placements relative to the edges. All your placement is relative to the center of the screen. You may have to make some small adjustments as you current layout might be slightly longer than the iPhone 4 screen... it's pretty close, maybe drop everything 30-40 pixels or so.

Deliverbo likes this.
  8. vedavyas_kadudas

vedavyas_kadudas Boxer

Thank you @Andy will try that option.