1,500 Appstore Views, 200 App Units. Is it bad?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by ozergul, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

Hi everyone.
    I am new to App Store and I dont know what is the avearge install/views ratio.

My game is viewed in App store: 1,565
    Units: 210
    Ratio = about %13
    This statics are from first 2 days. Is it bad?

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i think it mean that you have only 210 instal from 1565 stand for people that visited you app link or your page 210/1565 = 0.13 (13%)
    i think it's below average why you don't try to change and make interesting screenshot (make screenshot for the most interesting scenes in the game/ the screenshot used i only see lines a cup and a dot) write a good description about your game (make people understand what you game is about also with the screenshot/ go and see others apps pages the popular ones geometry dash for example and see what they doing) search in google about aso (app store optimisation) and you will find a lot of suggestions.

i saw a lot of people liked your game in the forum but for me don't take it personal i didnt like the color used in the game it's cold maybe that the reason that make people see the screenshot, leave and don't download the game however it can be several reason.

in general make your app page informative and interesting as possible

update: i just played your game is super fun and genius gameplay my problem is with colors try to added more color for enemies and character use different background to make the game more a live added more characters did you see color switch. bytheway i rated 5

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    ozergul likes this.
  3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

My thoughts.
    May not be the reason, but who knows.
    As west_badr said the colours are a bit dull.
    The game is really cool, i like it.
    Leader board would be good, but I'm not sure myself how to get the scoring to work when using check points. i have tried many times and coins always reset to zero when starting next checkpoint.... Hence why your leader board originally was not working.
    But some colours would be good,
    Maybe add some characters to unlock. you could attach coins to your objects to collect. Somehow?
    I have a pretty good idea what i would do, but i might use it myself LOL.
    As i said its a cool game but needs something a little more to make it standout. Make people want to try it.
    You could probably get rid of the checkpoints, and align the scenes to make players start from the start when they fail?
    Then the leader board would work.
    good luck with it.

ozergul likes this.
  4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Your game if well setup could go viral, so my take:

- Your game should be endless, so I will remove checkpoint as checkpoint works best with platform style games
    - Without checkpoint out, sort the leaderboard as its an important ingredient to a successful game
    - As per color, even though I agree with others, I still see games with similar color setup do well. So its your choice at the end
    - Make a good video demo and post it on social media

ozergul likes this.
  5. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

Thanks for the detailed comments. You can be right about colors. But I thought simply would be good and interesting...

Also leaderboard is not working I sent a new build to Appstore and waiting for it. There won't be leaderboard. Because in bb1.3.5 coins are reset every scene.
    I think store images not interesting and video would be good but there was no time to record video. In next build version I will add video.

@sysads endless idea is perfect. But it can't be done in this game. Because I am using 1.3.5.
    @playsgames6666 I also thought multiple characters. But all characters must be circle. So there aren't variety of characters.

@wesambadr thanks for suggestions maybe you are right colors are cold.
    You said different enemies with different colors was good idea. But I think it is not necessary. Because in this game there is one type enemy... Also different coloured rotating objects may be mix brains and looks complex.

Anyway, thanks for the all comments. I will update my game as soon as possible.

6. playsgames6666

you can do endless with 1.3.5, you just need to stack the scenes, and the scenes will become random. if you are going to do more scenes so you have 100, it would be cool.
    and your leaderboard would work swell.

7. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

In stacked scenes, dont coins reset?

8. playsgames6666

@ozergul No they don't.. :))
    i do that in all my games..

9. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Just played it @ozergul, great job man, really simply UI and addictive gameplay, congrats.
    At first glance I though the words read: J List rather than Just, it's because of that square ended U and I can see why you've gone for that as your ball falls into that shape in the game. A small detail, but just giving you my first impression. I found the sound on/off button very difficult to press (I'm on iPhone 5) and I would like to hear some music too, as I think it will lift the gameplay if you have a nice relaxing loop in the background. All in all, a great effort and I hope it does well for you.

10. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

But I set "Next Checkpoint" into U shape. Scene passing is not possible in type of this game.
    Thanks for your comment. In logo, I wanted to use main game shape. And you are right about music. But I couldnt find good loop music. And buttons are only text. In next update I will fix its.

Phill Mason likes this.
  11. Phill Mason

@ozergul, What kind of music loop were you after, I can probably help.

12. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

I have searched in pond5. But there was no interesting sound. Thanks for help, I will search detailed :)

13. playsgames6666

you can try http://incompetech.com for music? All royalty free.
    And yea i see what you mean by the game play can not be random.

14. Phill Mason

No worries @ozergul , let me know if you get stuck, I'm happy to create something for fellow Boxers if they're stuck :)

15. ozergul

ozergul Boxer

Thanks for everything. :)