Prevent Spawn Overlap

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Rodrigo Schneider, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

Hello .. Good night!

I am creating a game for children. The player must drag the numbered cards to the corresponding set.

The cards are the characters and the sets are the objects.

The cards are always arranged on the left and the sets on the right.

When the child drags the letter to the corresponding set, they must disappear from the screen.

I've done all this and it's working.

What I would like to do is that the position of the sets alternate randomly with each move. So, they should always have their positions changed every time the child plays. The cards will always be in the same place and in the same order.

For example, I am sending a photo that demonstrates this idea.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

I'm making some progress. I realized that I need to use Spawn Node together with Random 5. In Spawn Nodes connected to Random 5 Node I must specify each position that I want the set to appear. But I was stuck with a question:

As there are several sets (objects), I must do this for each one of them. But how will I prevent a set from being spawned in the same location as another set?

For example:
    The set of 3 objects will be spawned at # 1. How should I proceed to prevent the set of 4 objects from not occupying the same position as the set of 3 objects (which already occupied # 1)?

PS: I am attaching another image to help understanding.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

I have made some progress, but I still don't know how to prevent spawning overlap. Any idea how to do it?