Quick Help On Stopping Camera Follow Immediately When Actor Stops

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by tonymartz2, Jan 15, 2021.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

hey guys HAPPY NEW YEAR,
    trying to learn BB3 again. im stuck trying to figure this out.
    so I have the camera follow my actor so that the view is where the actor is looking / facing.
    when my actor changes direction so does the camera but it keeps rotating slowly till it stops.
    it takes about 5 seconds for the camera to catchup to the actors direction when changing direction. I would like it to quickly move with the actor.
    thanks

2. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Happy new year to you too :)
    I don't know if you wanted the rotation to happen or not but check the screenshot below.
    Turn this off if you don't want any rotation and check the Follow values. Usually its 0.1 relaxed to 1 for instant follow.
    Hope this helps you.

Attached Files:

3. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

thanks for the reply, Yes I do want rotation because I want the camera right behind the character.
    the issue is when my character is going around in circles or turning the camera immediately moves but when i let go of the move button the camera takes like 5 seconds to eventually sendup where its suppose to be. I did a value of 1 but that did not help..
    another way to explain this is that if I hold the move left key (on keyboard) my character move around in a circle and the camera shows the side of my character and when I let go of the move left key the character stops moving and at that point it takes 5 seconds for the camera to position its self behind the character where it should be. I want to eliminate this 5 seconds.
    thanks

4. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

5. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

thanks I appreciate you take the time trying to help.
    I tried your exact camera settings but still same issue.

Leighton likes this.