Buildbox 3.3.7 #4077 Beta Is Live And We Need Your Feedback!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 16, 2020.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Can you also add some more templates for 2D so that you can have a look at them. So far there is only one shooter and one platformer template for 2d. A shooter with joystick sidescroller would be great or a jump and run template with features like powerups or wall jump.

2. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

I just downloaded it and looks awesome so far, Love the Template :)
    I have some info on what ive found so far, This also relates to the Current 3.3.6 Version
    Duplicated FBX assumes the first FBX Colour. These colours should be Duplicated FBX assumes the first FBX Colour. These colours should be separate but 1 colour will change for both.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

• Offline Mode
    [​IMG]

chris15smile and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

amazing update! thanks :)

What do you mean by "offline mode" How it works?

I know it sounds a little dump but can we have a Buildbox skin/theme feature where we can change UI of buildbox like "Light or Dark" (least font color).
    Honestly, my eye sight is very poor and i always face some difficulties to read text due to dark color scheme combinations . it will be nice if you put my request into some upcoming "Update roadmap" (if you believe its good feature).

Taxus baccata likes this.
  5. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Critical Issue: iOS app crashes on the closing app (iOS Version 14.2).
    This also happens in the iOS export from previous build box release version 3.3.6

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Loving it so far. Nothing negative to report really.
    Question....I see Global Clones etc is in the menu. Does this work? It is always disabled for me.
    SUPER REQUEST: Ability to export entire worlds/UI! This would solve all issues for team work. One person can build levels etc and so can team mate, then one sends the other the exported world. Import the world in and bam. Vs having to send the same bbdoc back and forth. Everyone could make menus and worlds and just combine them into one bbdoc.

7. Switches Games

Switches Games Boxer

Hi, There is lots of bugs in this 3.3.7 version. My 5 of projects allready destroyed because of this version.. I think the problem is in offline mode and online mode , so my internet is not stable so the internet coming sometimes and went for sometimes while i am working on buildbox. Please help me. When i want to go preview it crashes.. And all of objects in objects tabs is invisible..

Another bug problem is I exported to android and when i open it on android device it is automaticly closing immidadetly.. crashes

NOTE: It is not just me, lots of people having the same problem on discord..

Vlad-NY likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox Thank you for the update. Only as a BB user I would appreciate if the team can create short tutorials on how to use each that would be great. Just short 4-5 mins tutorial for each new feature would be great so we boxers have a ready to use assets.

Best

9. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

My Mac running BigSur is getting way to hot with this version compared to 3.3.6 doing the exact same thing :(

10. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

About the TelePorter. It looks like the teleports only transports 1 object (character) (without attachments or linkers)
    Tried with the IsoCar template.

If anybody can get it to work with linkers / attachment. Please share tnx.

11. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi

The update is great but I unfortunately still have my crashing issues and im pretty certain its a memory allocation problem with the software. I have tried many fixes from the internet to clear the "Invalid access to memory location" crash but nothing works. I even tried the software on a different computer and it crashed in the exact same place, which is when the software reaches about 3000 Mb of RAM. I have 32Gb of RAM available so I know its not a hardware thing.

As my game grows, the crashes become more frequent because it reaches this RAM limit faster. Currently I am only able to use the software for about 2 - 5 minutes before it locks up. Really hoping you can find a fix for this because I dont think I can progress my game much further...I may have to start looking at other company's software instead.

If anyone has any suggestions that could help that would be great :)

Taxus baccata and wmfear like this.
  12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Hi I also realised in Windows 7 The preview gameplay runs very very slow almost X2 slow.

Taxus baccata likes this.
  13. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Love it!

As for any feature requests definitely submit them here:

Believe the team is on this currently ;)

Have DM'd you, will continue to try to assist with your issue there.

Will DM you as well for any further detail so can discover what is happening here.

Will DM you. Would love to get a copy of one of your corrupted BBDOCs and any other additional details. Same for the file with Android.

jcalle, volcank and Kaliterimes like this.
  14. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I've managed to play around with this version of the build and I came across the following issues:

• Performance-wise on preview and on the device itself is around 50% increased that the previous versions, what I meant by that is the fact that it is harder on resources and it moves slower in the preview that on 3.3.5
    • Debug error lines do not work in some cases. If you are coding your nodes and you leave open brackets or declare variables without using the = symbol it won't output any error and you will have to reopen your project or duplicate that node in order to get the error popping out in the logs.
    • Random crashes happen when you use external monitors. It seems that out of memory issue is not the only issue here. I've tested this on multiple devices but it seems that Nvidia drivers are not properly supported. If you want a good reference then check out the 3.3.5 version with one or two monitors and a docking station and you will see that 3 out of 5 times when you preview the game it will crash. (Note: I use windows 10 pro / x64)
    • Rarely some bbdocs get corrupted if you lose internet connection. There is plenty of info here and on Discord channel about this issue.

I dunno about your plans but I would try to release a v2 version of this app with the crash fixes and some performance improvements. I love the features but performance, stability and consistency should be taken into consideration as well.

I hope this helps, thanks
    Vlad

Sean Buildbox and Pandzzz like this.
  15. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I finally managed to create a stress test to trigger the out of memory issue that was mentioned on this release. Basically, the engine runs out of memory due to some memory leaks. If you stress it enough you will get the following outputs:
    • Instant crash on preview if the bbdoc is saved in out of memory scenario/setup.
    • Before reaching the "Out of memory" exception you will have issues with the bbdoc similar to those that are mentioned by switching from online to offline mode. This cannot be reproduced after reload but it can be seen in the preview.
    • Spam in console with Out Of Memory and uncaught exception: out of memory errors.

Please take some time and send me a PM to provide the testing bbdoc here or on Discord.

Until next time, stay awesome and have fun,
    Vlad

16. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi again

I have three more requests for the update:

1. Make the exit button actually exit the app (currently it does nothing).
    2. Make the "leaderboard" button not disappear when the user has not logged into their google play account.
    3. Have the option to allow the app to flip sides when the user rotates their phone. Current the app is forced to play in one direction and rotating the phone 180 degrees does nothing (app just appears upside down).

Regards
    Andy

17. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey Andy!

For 1 this does exit the app, but only on Desktop export formats. It is not made for mobile exports (and in some cases if it worked would be a violation of App Store terms).

For 2 this is something that is done per Apple/Google guidelines as well. Not our call unfortunately :(

3. This is something we've contemplated in the past but is not quite as easy to accomplish as you might think. If you haven't already submitted it here I would highly recommend doing so.

18. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Sean

For 1 and 2, that is really bizarre that those functions are governed by the operating system but it is what it is.

And for 3, I have not submitted it but I will do so. :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Regards
    Andy

19. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi again.

I tried adding a feature request but the website is timing out for some reason so im just posting it here.

Came up with another idea that would be good:

1. Would like the ability to add sound files to animations in the UI screen animation editor. For example, if a button flies onto the screen, a whooshing sound could be assigned to it. I know you can do this with objects, but it would be good if you could do it with images and UI buttons.

Thanks
    Andy

wmfear likes this.
  20. Julio666

Julio666 Boxer

@Sean Buildbox @Miko Buildbox Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the final version of Buildbox 3.3.7 is coming out soon? Thank you in advance for your reply.