Buildbox 3.3.7 #4077 Beta Is Live And We Need Your Feedback!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there Creators! Happy Holidays!

We have another fantastic update with loads of new features almost ready for you but we need your help with feedback on the 3.3.7 update BETA prior to launch. If you find an issues If you find any bugs or licensing issues please send them into support@buildbox.com or submit the issues HERE with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected. We stress again please let us know as soon as you can :)

We are also including free template with this release! It is important to note that the template is a sneak preview and that there will be final modifications made before the release.

New Features

The following features have been added to Buildbox 3.3.7:
    • Offline Mode
    • Ability to create folders in the Asset panel
    • Buildbox menu bar now contains a Tools menu for Worlds
    • Ability to select, drag, and add multiple assets from the Asset panel to a scene
    • Right-click to convert selected nodes to a Brainbox
    • Ability to drag select and drag multiple assets From the asset panel to a Scene.
    • Ability to drag a bounding box to select multiple nodes in a Node Map
    • Right-click menu on the Asset Node Map to change the background color of the selected Brainbox
    • Coin Shop Button and Confirmation Button added to the UI Asset Library
    • New advanced node: Shop Placeholder Item node that works in conjunction with the Coin Shop Button UI asset
    • Teleport Smart Asset that contains a Teleport Entry and Exit.
    • New advanced node in World Mind Maps: Graphics Settings node that toggles image filtering.
    • Animation and Label Node attribute: Billboard mode
    • JavaScript API functions that do the following:
      • Return all visible attribute names
      • Return all visible types of attribute
      • Create a log entry every time the game enters and leaves a scene
      • Adjust the background music volume
    Changes
    • Opening a project that contains a single world will now open the Scene View instead of the Mind Map.
    • The following options have been moved to View > Zoom:
      • Zoom In
      • Zoom Out
      • Show All
      • Show Frame
      • Actual Size
    • Asset duplicates in the Asset panel now contain copy in their name.
    • For Windows users, unavailable menu options on the Buildbox Menu bar are disabled instead of hidden.
    Fixed Issues
    • Moving an asset in the Asset panel list will no longer place it at the bottom of its category.
    • Moving an object in the outliner no longer expands all outliner groups.
    • In the Outliner, dragging objects below the last one in a group will now place the object at the bottom and within the group.
    • Step Roto Move Brainbox no longer makes the asset vibrate instead of rotate in some situations.
    • Assets in the Ball Flipper template are placed correctly and within the Start/End points.
    • Exported Windows games no longer contain incorrect near and far rendering distance.
    • Exported fullscreen Windows games are now displayed properly with no bottom or top cut off.
    • iOS Restore Purchases Possibly Allowing Exploits.
    • Alt + S now works as intended to take screenshots in the preview window.
    • Asset attribute values now update properly after selecting a new asset.
    • Exporting an asset will now include all attached FBX animations instead of just one.
    • Windows: Dropdowns in the Select Color window now updates attributes correctly.
    • Selecting the Infinite checkbox on the Ground Object no longer resets the length and width values to 1.
    • Cancelling a multiple asset import now cancels all of the current asset imports instead of just one.
    • Restore Purchases now restores Locked buttons.
    • Hiding the Ground in the Outliner now hides it during gameplay.
    • Undoing an action after a tab has been closed now makes it appear with x button.
    • Duplicating and deleting scenes no longer requires you to select them a second time.
    • Mac: Crash no longer occurs after rapidly duplicating a node in succession.
    • The Cancel button on the Save/Load window now functions as intended.
    • Adding a new mesh to a 3D Model node now updates as intended.

As is with any Beta release please ensure making a backup of any important projects prior to opening and saving them in the new build.

Drumroll.....below are the links:

Links:

MAC: https://releases.buildbox.com/build...3.7-4077_3d09628b711978c2a72ee0c293c5c373.zip

WIN: https://releases.buildbox.com/build...3.7-4077_119af1b6d1f567654d1a3351696b2604.exe

Special Holiday Template (Sneak Preview): https://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/assets/presets/DecoForce.bbdoc
    [​IMG]

Guide on Brain Events in the Template: https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-manual/brainevents/

Once again please let us know as quickly as possible if you find any bugs, issues, or otherwise. Otherwise we sincerely hope you enjoy this update in it's Beta form ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2020
    itzonator, Leighton, wmfear and 3 others like this.
  2. Roberto P

Roberto P Boxer

Thanks @Sean Buildbox FYI Google Chrome wouldn't allow the download of the bbdoc file because it's not a https link - I manually changed it to https and it then downloaded.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. Sean Buildbox

Thank you. Fixed ;)

Roberto P likes this.
  4. Taxus baccata

Taxus baccata Boxer

Please Add scrolling Node !

5. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

nice update :) brings a lot of much needed features , though i'd prefer if the folder group thingy would stand out more right now it blends with the other categories so maybe a bigger size or a color
    also about the sound attribute i dont remember when it was added , there is no documentation about it and no API either apparently so would be nice to see it implemented
    i submitted some bug reports but it seems pretty stable for me , good job (y)

Sean Buildbox and Hue Buildbox like this.
  6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

What do you mean by scrolling node??

7. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

What do you need k. Terms of sound code? Can you please gibe me an idea for a sound node, I thi k I could help you with this one

8. Taxus baccata

Taxus baccata Boxer

UI SCROLL NODE
    Like this :

DanteSavy likes this.
  9. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

not sound node , sound attribute*
    you can add sound attributes to nodes but there is seemingly no way to use them

10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

That's an actual payed node so it won't be fair to release something similar for free. Please respect the creator and buy it.

11. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

sighs , that's for components , clearly not what i'm talking about
    okay ill give you steps you can maybe comprehend and stop dragging this conversation
    drag a script node , double click it , click on the 'add attribute' button at the end , you'll see that you can add a sound attribute
    you can reference it in the code but there's no way to trigger it.

12. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Well I dunno why my comment was deleted because I wasn't offend anyone I just asked a question. So that sound attribute is a SoundModel that can be used by the BackgroundMusic class to trigger/play the sound by using the following code. Let's assume that you've added a attribute called Sound that is named *track2*

Code:
    function start(){
         let track2 = this.attribute('track2');
         BackgroundMusic.play(track2); // this has an optional argument that is used to loop the sound if true otherwise to play it once if false
    }
    Background API
    https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-api-reference/whats-new/

Note Please do not remove my comments because I'm trying to help here

Edit:
    Here's another way to do it using a signal filter node and few lines of code.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only downside is that this uses a BackgroundMusic and not a SoundManager or something like that so you are stuck to background music or sounds that will be played only if background volume is grater than 0

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  13. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

@Vlad-NY i see , i apologize for the misunderstanding
    when i saw a sound attribute i assumed that it'd be used as a sound node subtitute to have more dynamic sound control not just a place holder for the sound file.

Vlad-NY likes this.
  14. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

Hi all. I’ve downloaded this update and after adding a coin chop button and coin shop place holder to my project when I click on save the project hangs and doesn’t move. When I cancel the save and remove the shop place holder and coin shop button the project then saves. Really odd!

15. Sean Buildbox

Super odd. The save does not finish at all. Does this happen in all BBDOCs or just one specific. Please send details to support@buildbox.com or feel free to DM me

16. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Hmm. Nice update, but unfortunately not much happened in 2d. But downloaded it to me full of expectation in the hope that you can finally work with it halfway reasonably in 2d. Too bad that still nothing comes from buildbox 2 or at least a better implementation of 2d in buildbox 3.
    Why does buildbox 3(2d) not take over some options from buildbox 2?

17. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys, someone here tried to follow this manual ? https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-manual/brainevents/

1 - I have created a brainevent but i can do this just on the mindmap when i click on start node and click on + button. I tried to create a brainevent using the "Options panel" on the asset properties but i can't see the button "Add brainevent" this button is not there or the manual is wrong.

2 - After brainevent is added i can't add the "State brainboxes" because the + that manual is talking about it is not there too.

I think that this manual is wrong or the software does not have this feature completely implemented.

18. Sean Buildbox

To be clear right now Brain Events are 2D world only. They will be available in 3D worlds soon however ;)

19. Max Huchthausen

Max Huchthausen Boxer

Bug report:
    When testing a character shop, I found that the character that is selected/unlocked by default does not load into the world initially - "Unlocked By Default" and "Selected By Default" options are both checked and I set the Price for Points to 0, because that is what made sense (there is no free option as in BB2). I found that if I navigate to the character shop and then go to the world, it loads correctly.

20. Kaliterimes

Kaliterimes Boxer

Nice update :)

what do you think of my video? thank you ?