Buildbox 2 And 3 ... Never Ending Story

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Dec 13, 2020.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

... when can we expect more videos to finally understand some of Buildbox's features? There is almost no support for the 2d function and everything you find is old. It would help if there were at least templates in Buildbox 3 for 2d. I keep trying desperately to start a project in Buildbox 3 (2D) and it fails already at small things. When I ask for help I am always referred to the outdated Buildbox 3 (2D) tutorials. Do something about Buildbox 3 (2D) to finally make it usable or easier to understand. You don't hear anything anymore and it makes me wonder why I'm still paying at all. The only thing that moves me to continue to pay is Buildbox 2 which unfortunately always comes up against its limits and unfortunately nothing more is done to it. Why do you have to make a program that was previously super simple like more complicated ? The forum is unfortunately hardly usable and Dicord just bad, because you never get a good answer. You should really work on your communication. I hope it is read this time and also heeded, because I feel so slowly a little neglected. Buildbox is good, but it should finally happen something. Unfortunately, it's been going on for too long and not much is changing.

MAC420 and kipasgajah like this.
  2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

can you make a list of what do you want to understand to do in buildbox 3 (2d view) ?

I think I have an idea

3. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

It is not directly about understanding it is also about the fact that many functions do not work. A simple solution would be to make a template like in 3d and make it available. That's how I understood a lot in the 3d version.

It already starts with the background and scrolling. Even the camera movement is awkward to enter.

I've been trying to use the joystick function for a few days now to add a 4 way animtaion to it, it's supposed to be a 2d space shooter.

4. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

No news or updates ?

5. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

As of now no, I git no updates. I'm trying to make a plan in this regard but what you ask is not necessary the best way of doing stuff.

You need to understand what does what and why before you go and make something like what you described.

6. kipasgajah

kipasgajah Boxer

True

7. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

At least we're getting the re-release of bb2 with some New features. Im hoping one is a health bar system. I agree i don't like bb3 much its pretty much like their rivals construct 3 and gamemaker studios minus the many tutorials, templates and a shop. The fact is I started using bb because of its ease of use and was more then happy to pay the extra cash compaired to others for you the simple fact bb2 did alot of the work for making development fast and less stressful. But, bb3 is not like that it trys but fails. But, we complained enough and are getting a reboot of 2 im excited. Plain and simple bb2 should be the 2D engine and 3 be 3D.

33Shox and Jaro like this.
  8. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I believe that BB2 will always be the best software for making 2D games.
    BB3 has so much potential to waste in a 2D game.
    That is why I think they have made the BB2 update, BB2 is a very refined software and works "well" in 2D.
    BB3 still has a lot of bugs in 3D, imagine how many it can have in 2D ...
    BB2 still has a great future.

Jaro and 33Shox like this.
  9. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

I hope the rerelease of bb2 happens soon although it was announced 4-5 months ago...

I agree. BB2 is the superior product

MAC420 and Jaro like this.
  10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Yeah i hear ya on that