Where Is 2d Collision Shape Editor In Buildbox 3 ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by zqbz, Apr 4, 2020.

1. zqbz

zqbz Boxer

I want to edit the collision shape for a 2d object but I cant because I cant find the collision shape editor for 2d objects. I just have 3D options like cube, sphere etc.

Attached Files:

2. Matthew Shaver

Matthew Shaver Boxer

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

In Buildbox 3 currently you need to use a mesh for 2D collision as well. You would need to make a custom mesh to make a custom collision shape in 2D worlds as well.

However we are working on an "Easy Mesh Maker" style editor to make this easier in the near future ;)

Robert Gilbreath likes this.
  4. maxcar

maxcar Boxer

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

2D collision shape editor is still coming/planned, it should be in an update very soon.

For the Z axis bug can you send this bbdoc into support@buildbox.com and we're happy to advise

6. maxcar

maxcar Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox , I've reported the bug as you mentioned and asked for advice about this.
    Is there any information about when might this be solved? Should I keep building in BB2 instead? Is there any official information about new updates coming that we can consult?

Thank you,

7. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Also I try to give buildbox 3 (2d) a chance. But I miss some things like the shape editor, which should come as an update soon. Another thing that bothers me is that you can't simply use objects that you can run on and destroy them. Somehow I still miss the simplicity of buildbox 2, even if I rotate an object and it is mirror-inverted I can't move it with the arrow keys because they are mirror-inverted. I've been trying for days to get an animation of the character dying without the enemies fighting me. When I work with a delay in showing the death animation I still get attacked by enemies.

There are many things missing that would make working with the program easier. Especially in 2d some improvements would be necessary. To finally understand some of the functions the team would be happy to provide some tutorials. For example how to make an object that I can destroy but also how to run on it. How can I teach an enemy AI and so on. Just a few things that every jump and run, beat EM up or shooter should have ;)