Take A Screenshot Preview Window

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by onetap, Sep 13, 2020.

1. onetap

onetap Avid Boxer

Hi,

Does anyone what shortcut keys I use on a Mac to take a screenshot while using the Preview Window?

Seems CMD D doesn't work? If that is the shortcut?

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Command shift 3

onetap likes this.
  3. onetap

onetap Avid Boxer

Is there not a Buildbox shortcut, to take a screenshot of just the preview window? Like when clicking the screenshot button in Buildbox?

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Command shift 3 is the whole screen, which you can easily edit. So I personally have not tried any other shortcuts. However, I do quite often create a pause menu within a game that is activated by pressing space. The reason is that I generally want to find the perfect screenshot opportunity.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Shift Command 4, then tap the Spacebar, this will bring up a crosshair screen that allows you to capture a specific portion of the screen. Then click and drag the crosshair to the area you wish to capture and when you release the mouse button it will automatically capture that area and save it as a png file.

you can also use -
    To copy a portion of the screen to the clipboard, press Command-Control-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, you can paste the screen shot to another application.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020