Hit A Wall. Please Help?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by VeiraGames, Aug 28, 2020.

1. VeiraGames

VeiraGames Boxer

I have been trying to work on a game for so long that I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I thought maybe I could try a different game and then come back to it but even then I don't know what.

I'm just going in circles with my sprite sheet and playing around with some templates that I bought and still haven't got the slightest idea what I'm doing or want. Feel like I wasted 2k on bb2 for nothing.

To be honest its kind of put me off when I read articles about strategies and how to stand out, beat the top 10 on the appstore, get published, etc...

I just think to myself, I'm just one guy who wants to make a game that I would like to play and share with everyone else.

I know theres no money in making games anymore, everything is free and full of ads that don't help you. The appstore is very different to when angry birds was flinging around.

how do you guys climb over your wall? what advice can you give?

Jaro and Syntax Genius like this.
  2. VeiraGames

VeiraGames Boxer

lol "community"

3. deyren

deyren Boxer

There are no games without ads anymore I guess.

4. Syntax Genius

Syntax Genius Boxer

In my case, during 2 or 3 weeks I was trying to think on a great idea for my game but without success...

What I did was, I searched on the internet, forums, twitter, etc, for different type of games, old and new and after a few days I come up with a nice idea, and now I've been working hard everyday, even if I only have 1 hour per day...

I've also tried several engines but for my purpose BuildBox won.

So my suggestion is, think, think, think, imagine something that you like and try to adapt and be creative.

It's not easy, but you need to be persistent!

Good luck :)

5. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

The most important thing is to do the best you can. Use all your possibilities. Try, test, improve. Maybe the twentieth game will be a success. Do whatever you can and leave the rest to the players. They will verify it quickly. Sometimes a simple bouncing ball can change someone's life. That's why you have to keep trying.