Ads Help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Malyssa, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

So, google has decided my app appeals to children. I've gone through the ad settings and made sure all the ones on the site are set to not collect data and everything is rated G. They are still denying my app. Does anybody know how to fix this? I got it through once with only banner ads, but any update I put on it won't let me do it, even if just to add interstitial ads... I'm lost at this point. They do have one thing on their site saying to add a code
    For your app to receive Designed for Families policy-compliant ads from third-party ad networks, you will need to call tagForChildDirectedTreatment(true) and set max_ad_content_rating to G for every ad request.
    but I have no clue where to add it or anything.

Attached Files:

Taxus baccata likes this.
  2. Taxus baccata

Taxus baccata Boxer

The same problem Capture2.png

3. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

The current standard Buildbox is not really built for children apps unfortunately. Here are the steps I have taken personally on a project that I working on, but I don't know if they are even allowed (even if my intensions are good).

1. Custom ads from Kidoz.net or SuperAwesome Ads. On iOS the ads have to be human reviewed to be approved by Apple and also need a parent gate if a kid clicks on an ad. SuperAwesome and Kidoz are the only human reviewed ad networks that have a parent gate. Android maybe is more lenient with ad providers for kids but even in that case there is no UI way to set the correct tag. You have to do it after you export the project.
    2. Children cannot give consent. The consent dialog box should not show. Again after export you can change the code so that this dialog box does not show.
    3. Analytics is not allowed for iOS kid apps except for non-identifiable values. Unfortunately the device model is not permitted and the built in analytics that reports back to Buildbox includes it. Again the ping back to Buildbox can be disabled after the export.

All these issues could be addressed by Buildbox before the export, just don't know if kids games/apps is currently a priority for the platform.

Taxus baccata and Malyssa like this.
  4. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

Do you know where in the coding I would go to remove the consent page? I'm on android studio and I have no idea where to look. I'm extremely new to any sort of coding.

5. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

For now I've decided to try and make google put a warning "not made for children" on it and hopefully that works. I never intended the game to be for little kids anyways

6. Taxus baccata

Taxus baccata Boxer

How to disable consent and analytics on Android studio.
    You know we're not programmers. Better to explain it to us with screenshots or a video please.
    thank you very much.

Malyssa likes this.
  7. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

Maybe cartoon characters and special colors, too lol

8. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

For the consent: it is easy enough and I'll post a video.

For the analytics: I would gladly create a video on how to do this if somebody from Buildbox says it is ok for me to show you. I have no interest in losing my license over this.

Taxus baccata and Malyssa like this.
  9. Taxus baccata

Taxus baccata Boxer

Thank you for your help Adrianjgomez

10. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

11. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

You're the best! Thank you so much!

12. Rafiq Sharman

Rafiq Sharman Boxer

Can you help to share as well on how to apply "tagForChildDirectedTreatment" in XCODE and for analytic as well?

13. EpikArts

EpikArts Boxer

Wow thanks a lot. This is a very useful tutorial indeed :)

Do you guys think removing this consent might have any negative results? or is it totally fine according to store policies etc.?

14. Paco

Paco Boxer

Can you help me !!! ??? I have the problem that the game is rejected on Android.

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements
    We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.

15. EpikArts

EpikArts Boxer

While submitting your game did you select the option something like "yes, this is suitable for kids."? I think it is better to select that it does not suite for children to be sure at policy guidelines.

16. aryanveer95

aryanveer95 Boxer

I am Facing same issue right now.
    Did you find any solution ?.
    Did your app got Accepted ?