Problem With The Android

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Kaliterimes, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kaliterimes

Kaliterimes Boxer

Hello everyone, I have a big problem with the Android expert. There is a lot of latency when people play my game. Do you think that this big problem will improve? Thank you

2. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Here`s how to help improve your game frame rate and performance :

1- I would also suggest removing shadows from characters & all objects.
    2- Keep image size on the small side, then slightly enlarge to the size needed.
    3- Make sure to rebuild & optimize Atlases before exporting.
    4- Adjust render distances accordingly and adjusting the 'Next Scene Threshold' & Delete Scene Threshold helps as well.
    5- I recommend, if using third party 3D models, try not to use models w/high poly counts.
    6-

3. Kaliterimes

Kaliterimes Boxer

Thank you for your answer, but my games and very simple and without the shadows it's really not beautiful the little game works well on new phones but I will still see how to do it is a pity for the moment we can not really develop complex games with buildbox 3 even if it is a very good program.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TipTopOfficial.TipTop&hl=fr

4. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

Hiya, I answered a previous forum post about this before. This is what I said, hope it helps: "I spoke to support before about the performance of 3D games on Android and they recommend using flagship level devices to ensure a comparable level of performance with iPhones.

Ensure your game is fully optimised (remove shadows from objects, get rid of any unused assets, optimise atlases etc) and test it on something like a Samsung Galaxy S8 or higher if possible. Low end devices just won't cut it.

Alongside testing on real world devices, use Bluestacks as well. They have a range of android devices to emulate to give a general idea of how it may run."

5. Charles Rozén

Charles Rozén Boxer

Have you guys ever though that this lagging with android could be becuase of what kind of 3dchip your phone have?