Score

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by Dermenjhi, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Dermenjhi

Dermenjhi Boxer

How to make time score? I mean the score type when it just show how much time I've played the lvl. Is it possible? Thank you !!!!!!

2. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

In my current game I spawn a "Timer Cube" from the main character when the character hits the starting block. Then I set it up to pause when it receives a signal when the player touches the end of the course. Once the "Timer Cube" is started, it immediately enables the timer node and sends the time to the "Time Value" output. The Send UI Text node will display the time on the UI.
    upload_2020-7-6_8-16-59.png
    upload_2020-7-6_8-23-43.png
    upload_2020-7-6_8-16-59.png upload_2020-7-6_8-23-43.png
    [​IMG]

3. Dermenjhi

Dermenjhi Boxer

Man! This is awesome but how did you made distance score?

4. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

I've come up blank with figuring out how to truly keep an actual distance score based on position in space since I do not code. I just added a (coin) smart asset, removed the object and made sure the collision box was a cube and scaled it super tall so my character couldn't go over it. Then I set my grid at 10x10x10 and just pasted it down the Z axis. I changed the point value in the "add point" node to 10. The actual scale of distance is arbitrary. I'm thinking another more capable boxer will look at this and dry heave a little bit. lol
    upload_2020-7-13_11-39-15.png

Dermenjhi likes this.
  5. Dermenjhi

Dermenjhi Boxer

thank you much ♥♥♥