Character Change And Debris Explosion

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Malyssa, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

I have multiple character choices and when my character dies is evokes a debris explosion. I can't figure out how to make the debris explosion match the character skin, though. Is this even possible, and, if so, how?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Create a new object - say a cube - which will be your explosion. Double click on it and select the 3D model and on the right side you will see the colour - click on the colour to bring up the selector

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I think what you are referring to is within the Debris Explosion node, check the box named Inherit Color, this will allow the debris to inherit the color of the character being used.
    Give it a try and let me know.

4. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

That's not working. I have a different texture on each character, not just a different color chosen, so that's likely the issue. The node for the exploding debris cube currently has the texture image in it as what will be on the debris, and if I remove that and check mark the inherit color then there's nothing visible for the debris. Is there something else I'm missing? I kinda gave up on this concept for my game and determined I would just have each world have it's world-specific character since I can't have a different trail for each character option anyways.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ah ok. In that case you would have to create different Debris objects that are used for each characters Debris Explosion node. Or you could have a script that changes the Debris color based on the character being used.

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Use state machines to link the characters with their proper debris explosions

7. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

I had tried that and it didn't work, but I've since decided just to not bother with that. Next time I will try it though. Thank you