Buildbox For Academic Purposes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sergrp, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sergrp

sergrp Boxer

So I'm taking a Master's Degree in Digital Humanities, and in one of the courses they asked us to create a game for a prestigious Nanotechnology laboratory (my game is related to nanomedicine), and we're collaborating with the doctors there (to make the game scientifically accurate, because we know nothing about the field). I'm already getting really good feedback from the doctors and I might be able to get an internship there if they like the final product, which would be amazing for my career.
    Anyway, our teachers told us to use Buildbox, however we weren't aware of the limitations of the free version. I already got the basis of the game created, but now I need to add more levels (as suggested by the doctors from the laboratory) and I can't, since we can only have one 3D world.
    It's an endless type of game where I'm a nanorobot catching diseases, and once I catch enough diseases, the level is completed and I move on to the next level, on a different part of the body. The idea is to show all the body areas where the nanorobots treat diseases, with a cool explanation on each level.
    I wouldn't mind paying 19$ right now for a month of Buildbox Plus, the problem is the commitment that comes with it. I am a young student and I cannot afford a full year of Buildbox, isn't there any way of purchasing just one or two months of Buildbox Plus? I had the whole project planned up and now I don't know where to go from here, I have a short deadline and with a free version I can only use like 10% of the ideas the doctors gave me.
    Thank you for your attention!

2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey there @sergrp ! Thank you so much for reaching out here on the forum. We completely understand your situation and we would like to help you complete your game for your course. I am going to send you a direct message here to discuss how we can help. Talk soon! :)

Snozzberry and sergrp like this.
  3. Jawwaad

Jawwaad Boxer

Hi Zack! I was recently watching your "how to make a spin shooter game" and in part 2 i couldnt fint the link to download the bbassets?????? could you please help me..

4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

hi there @Jawwaad ! For that video, all of the assets are from in the software I believe and I included a link to download the bbdoc. I'll go ahead and message you directly so you can get the bbdoc :)