My App Was Just Removed From The Google Play Store

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Ethan Feldman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Hello. My app was just removed from the Google Play Store. I built it using BuildBox 3, and it's been in the store for a couple of months now.

Here is the message I received from Google:

Version(s) Eligibility Issue
    APK REQUIRES PROMINENT DISCLOSURE

We’ve identified that your app is using Heyzap SDK or library, which facilitates the transmission of collection of installed application information without meeting the prominent disclosure guidelines. If necessary, you can consult your SDK provider(s) for further information.
    APK REQUIRES VALID PRIVACY POLICY
    Your app is uploading users' installed application information via Heyzap SDK without posting a privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Developer Console and from within the Play distributed app itself.

I have a disclosure and a privacy policy set. Is there something I need to add to my disclosure/privacy policy for the Heyzap SDK to get my app re-approved? Thank you.

Can I just remove the lib like discussed here and then re-submit to Google? - https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-remoe-heyzap-sdk-from-lib.19401/

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Yes, you can easily remove Heyzap and Leadbolt from the folder. you should be able to re-upload the game from there. best to to this on any game that is not made with the updated version of Buildbox.

Ethan Feldman likes this.
  3. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Thank you!

4. floraoliviaa

floraoliviaa Boxer

That's bad...

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear this is not an issue in any Buildbox versions released in the last 5 months all these libraries have been removed ;)

spicedbeangames likes this.