Is It Possible To Develop A Game This Way?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rodrigo Schneider, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

Hello Boxers!

I am completely new to the Buildbox world and I have a question about what the process of developing a game should be like.

I am looking to create an educational game for my mother (she is a teacher) and we already know that I will have to develop about 15 specific activities, for example, classifying figures if it is a living being or object, maze, organizing the numbers in ascending order, jigsaw puzzle etc. There will be many activities and she doesn't know if she will have to divide all these activities into 2 or 3 games (Apps). It will be very simple! The games will have a menu with the buttons of the activities that contemplate them.

My question is this: Is there any possibility that I will be creating these 15 activities separately (one activity per project) and then import the projects for the games that I will create?

Let's assume that there will be 3 Apps (A, B and C) with 5 activities each App.

To advance all the development, I would already be creating the 15 activities.

After my mother decided which activities (1 to 15) would be part of such Apps (A, B and C) I would build the games according to her selection. So, I would create a new project (App A) with a menu with 5 buttons (activities 1 to 5), for example. Then another project (App B) with a menu with 5 buttons (activities 6 to 10) and so on.

It is possible? Or do I have to develop the App already knowing in advance what activities will be part of it?

It may be a very trivial question, but if I can already advance these 15 activities separately, it will be a huge advantage for me.

THANKS!

2. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

In bb3 you can create smart bb assets and you can export and reimport them in any of your projects.

Rodrigo Schneider likes this.
  3. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

This is exactly what I need! Thank you.