Not Free Anymore?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by nforce, Jun 2, 2020.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

No one is forcing you to use Buildbox. But I do admire how you totally ignored the fact how Unity did charge for mobile exporting in the early days. Enjoy your VS

2. nforce

nforce Boxer

You talk as if that means they should do it the same too , what you people don't realize is how they switched their plan and advertised it for months as being free and now they went back on their word showing how unprofessional they are , but hey good that they did it i finally decided to adventure into trying Unity , and i rather spend months learning that than spending 1 more second on this half assed amateurish engine.

Antone Samy and MadAlex like this.
  3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

No one is being deceived. We understand that some users are not happy. But the free version was release so that a user could learn how to make games using our software for free. We added thing as Buildbox 3 had a larger learning curve than Buildbox 2. The prices for Buildbox has been reduced quite considerably compared to what it was two years ago.

Hue Buildbox and Bilz636 like this.
  4. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

i am more agree with Josh

2 years back Buildbox 1 and 2 price was $1000-$3500+ if i am not wrong!

I think $500 (Annually) is very reasonable you dont just get full access but also you can't ignore the best customer support!

i had many problems in past regarding game creation but customer support always had solve my problem specially Zacky, Hue and Sean (in Discord).

Hue Buildbox, Sean Buildbox and Jaro like this.
  5. MadAlex

MadAlex Boxer

Maybe they need to look at other game engines like unity to adjust the plans?
    For now this is really disappointing i spent 2 month to learn something in this engine to try to build a game and with money that this game maybe will produce to buy a pro version.They even earn royalties from ADS in free plan and now they just force people from free plan to buy pro,smels like discrimination.At this point i have to say bb to buildbox and rewelcome to study the more powerfull and corect engine Unity that even have a lot of free courses.Maybe they can't understand that means the word ''free'' ,this will make free users mad and throw away this engine.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think BB has made a good change by not activating the export to Android / Iphone.
    Many programs also have that limitation.
    In the first trial version of BB you could export, with the message of created with BB and giving the BB team a percentage of the money earned on Admob, I did not share that idea, at least it was valid for many users.
    BB Free is to get to know the Software, to see if you are interested in buying it, it is a great opportunity to learn for a while and create good games.
    I remember when people complained when BB3 was a Beta and it did not look, like it now. People complained that I was paying for an unfinished product, now they have the option to test the software, even to make great games where The most important thing is the gameplay and the graphics can be done totally free, and once the game is created, you only have to create levels and levels with the paid version.

Sean Buildbox and MarcG like this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I think this doesn't make sense to limit the free users like this. And here goes my template files that I had created for free users with 1 world and unlimited scenes. Now I need to re-edit them for buyers.

rizwanashraf likes this.
  8. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Is it possible to create a game with the free-plan, and then when you upgrade, you will be able to work on the same game-file as you did with the free-plan, or do you need to start over?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Sean Buildbox and HenGame like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Boxer

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do this.

10. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Yes. The only thing that happens is the removal of limitations. So if you upgrade, you will have no issues when opening it up. However, once you exceed the restrictions, you will have issues when trying to open it up if you switch back to free.

LtgGames likes this.
  11. GMcK

GMcK Boxer

Hi, I am new to BBX, i want to download it for free, can i create games and upload them to google play store with this, or is the free BBX download limited so that I can't do this?
    also, what limitations are there to the free subscription as I am not sure whether it will be easy to use the software and I would like to practise with it before I purchase any subscriptions. Thanks

12. MarcG

MarcG Boxer

The free version will now only let you make desktops aps and it limits the amount of scenes you can have (just 5).

It will however let you do enough to know if the software works for you and can build the type of game you want.

13. PanGou

PanGou Boxer

People want to use free an investment of millions. Well, in life you get what you pay and am happy when a logical price is behind a product.

jcalle likes this.
  14. unnati goel

unnati goel Boxer

oh, now I understand..
    a few months ago I downloaded BBx3 free version..
    I spend all my quarantine making one mobile game and now today I thought its time to publish m game on play store but now I realize that we cant..
    I feel so hurt. feels like I wasted my time. at least you should have informed about ur ching in plans..
    anyways by making this game i realized game dev is not for me.
    I even skipped meals and didn't sleep to make this game (this is my first game and it will be last)

redhouanee and MadAlex like this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Boxer

As far as I'm aware, if you already had the free version before the change was announced then you have 3 months of all the features you had before.

So you should still be able to publish your game.

I can still see the export options in my free version.

Good luck with your game/

Sean Buildbox and unnati goel like this.
  16. MadAlex

MadAlex Boxer

We want and we can, free plans in engines like Unity and Unreal are very good and with some free courses to learn, at least they have an idea how to work with free plans without cheating on students of their "FREE" G.engine.Comes to mind stories like: a guy enter into a bar and wants to seem a cool guy screams "free beer" to everyone I will pay, and after a while he just runs away without payment. BB could do a Demo version or Trial so the people know what they are downloading, but no they made a free version with limited worlds and ADmob with royaltyes with export function, so they made some kind of stable limited plan for studients to give them a posibility to learn-build-yearn and change to PRO,so this wasn't just a study plan like they say now. The one who decided to radically change the course of the ship should be spanked, but it seems he is already doing this by himself :). Just remember one fing "greed is like rot,corrodes from the inside".

17. PanGou

PanGou Boxer

you imagine things. it a private company with writen terms. read them

18. unnati goel

unnati goel Boxer

oh really?
    I was so disappointed that I didn't even check
    but thank god I didn't delete BB3 if I earn anything with this game ill use that to buy the paid version

19. harbime

harbime Boxer

Dear angry guys, please calm down. Your way of insisting features in the free version shows how much you love Buildbox and you are eager to use it, then why don't you go ahead and buy a licence?. The company has all the rights to change its policy, price plan at any time, and I think that is mentioned in the terms you agree on.
    Second: Frankly, me as a paid owner, felt jealous when the free version came out, because I saw that Buildbox was too generous with the features in the free version, to the level that I regretted paying for it. But now the company seems they realise it was a mistake and they've corrected it. Now the goal of the free version is to "taste" the software before you buy it, rather than to have everything as a pro owner but in a small scale, so you can live with that it forever.
    So instead of being rude to the company, show your love to their product and say thank you by paying for it. And if you are serious enough of making income from your games, then it will pay back for you in no time.

20. unnati goel

unnati goel Boxer

I WOILD LOVE TO BUY THE PRO VERSION BUT I DONT HAVR MONEY FOR IT. AND MY DAD WILL NEVER BUY ME ANYTHING SO I THOUGHT WITH THE MONEY I GET FRIOM MY FIRST GAME ILL USE IT TO BUY PRO VERSION

redhouanee likes this.