Guideline 4.3 - Design

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Alan Kirschberg, May 15, 2020.

1. Alan Kirschberg

Alan Kirschberg Boxer

I recently tried to publish my Buildbox game to the App Store, but when I submitted it I got this rejection from the Developer Team.

We noticed that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps

- Review the Design section of the App Store Review Guidelines.
    - Ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.
    - Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.

When creating multiple apps where content is the only varying element, you should offer a single app to deliver differing content to customers. If you would like to offer this content for purchase, it would be appropriate to use the in-app purchase API.

Alternatively, you may consider creating a web app, which looks and behaves similar to a native app when the customer adds it to their Home screen. Refer to the Configuring Web Applications section of the Safari Web Content Guide for more information.

Submitting apps designed to mislead or harm customers or evade the review process may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Review the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program to learn more about our policies regarding termination.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please help!

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

This message is telling you that there is another game very similar to yours, and yours, to them, appears to be a clone of another game.
    BUT, because Apple is always vague, this message can also mean a few other things. Mind sharing a screenshot of your game screen? That will help.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

i seems you broke 4.3 guideline role
    and it tells you that you can't create multiple Bundles of the same game
    like....
    the game name is fly
    and inside game named flying
    or game logo if it's game name..
    or name on devices is ....
    all bundles should be the same
    and the second part of this guideline
    saying that you can't create 2 apps with the same basic features and one of them have
    special features like fly and fly pro

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. viking

viking Avid Boxer

Hi @Alan Kirschberg
    Happened to me.
    Most important, change all the names of the ui and worlds in the node map, So there are not generic bb names.
    Ex :
    UI-yourgame
    Ui-gameover-yourgame
    World1-yourgame

Best to you

5. Alan Kirschberg

Alan Kirschberg Boxer

Sure, sorry for the late reply.

Attached Files:

6. Alan Kirschberg

Alan Kirschberg Boxer

Sounds good, will do that!