Buiildbox 3.2.1 Official Is Live

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hey

I have another idea which will be really great for the program if its possible.

Can we create our own collision groups? Currently you can select from "platform", "enemy" etc. But if we could actually write in our own collision groups and assign new assets to those groups, that would be awesome :)

Thanks again

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

This has been discussed in the past ;) Would expect a solution for this type of functionality in an update within the future

3. Claudio Souza Mattos

Claudio Souza Mattos Boxer

I see...will try it. Have done it before testing and got no rejection. This is the first time. Got 3 BB3 games published in both platforms so far.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Ah ok. Sorry, ive only been using Buildbox for about 2 months now so im not really up to date on what has been suggested already. lol.
    The software is awesome though! Thanks for making it :D

5. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

That node supposed to control the gravity values from each world (the option "Gravity" that is vector3 or Vector2 based on your "World" selection). You can add constant drag forces up down left or right with that

7. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

The Gravity I'm talking about only has one input "Strenght" and its not doing anything when you change it. I was hoping to control the gravity of the game (while playing) like you can with BB2

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

ok I was wrong this time, the gravity node increases the vertical drag force of any character or object that has the "character tag" and Physics set to Dynamic.

9. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Maybe it should increases the vertical drag force etc but its not.
    Personally I would not call a node Gravity if it's just increasing the vertical drag :/
    I'm seeing a lot of stuff not working in BB3. Maybe the BB team should stop adding stuff for now and instead go back and check if everything is (still) working as it should like 3D trail, collision shapes not alway responding, joystick not able to turn 180 degrees properly (for FPS) etc

10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I think it's called properly, what you want would be called "world gravity" (the ability to change the world's gravity) search on youtube for Zack`s first live-stream on Phases 2.0 (or it might be the 2nd one). There you will have more info about how to setup what you need

11. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Will do. Thanks!

12. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

3D Trail was a recent break we've already fixed for the next update. To fix it for now, in the signal function of the Trail 3D node the line starting with let seg = this.scene().create..... make sure its let seg = this.scene().createGlobal(asset.name());

As far as collision shapes not alway responding, joystick not able to turn 180 degrees properly (for FPS) these sound like more like user error but more than happy to check into them and see if there is something in need of adjustment. Please send them into support or DM if you haven't already ;)

13. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi

I have another suggestion to bring to the table and im sorry if this has already been suggested and I really should have gotten all my suggestions into one message but they don't always come to me in one go lol.

I don't know what the logistics of the linkers are within the Buildbox coding but it would be handy if the linkers were duplicated when I duplicate an asset in the scene editor window. For example, I created a swing using images and linkers but when I duplicate the swing, it only duplicates the images so I have to recreate each linker separately for each swing I make.

Anyway, hopefully that's my last suggestion but im sure more will come up as my game grows. lol

Regards
    Andy

14. Mohammad Mohammad Jalil

Mohammad Mohammad Jalil Boxer

Hi Boxer
    I am really waiting for timeline editor feature in BB3 I really have no idea why its not there yet , and If we can make it by programming can someone share a tutorial about or its codes

Regards
    Jalil

15. MarlonMo

MarlonMo Boxer

Hey, a few weeks ago I told the support that there is a "bug" regarding a huge difference of the movement speed of a character iniside a game on phones with 60Hz screen to phones with 90Hz screen. Is there any prevision of this being fixed in future fixes?

16. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

For now I don't think they released any fix for your described issue. What you can do ii to limit your dt in your scripts so it will be based on your device refresh rate like this:
    Code:
    function update(dt){
        dt = 1 / System.fps();

}

17. Sylv MEZ

Sylv MEZ Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox

In version 3.2.1 when importing an FBX or OBJ file that contains texture, I noticed that there is no application of the texture contained in the file and that the texture appears nowhere.

I respect each step contained in the Buildbox video presented on Youtube on the importation of an FBX.

18. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox Any Plans for Apple Arcade? This could be the coolest thing for Buildbox! I am sure many boxers will create great games for Apple Arcade. As far as I know it is just a different platform but at the end we only need to be able to export our game for ios, TVOS and MAC that's all. I see Apple Arcade and this is a good opportunity since it is not very crowded.

19. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thanks!