Can I Use Buildbox Plus / Pro Offline?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by JDJDDJDJ, Apr 2, 2020.

1. JDJDDJDJ

JDJDDJDJ Boxer

Hello all!
    I have been searching the forums for a hard answer after realizing that BuildBox Free needs a constant internet connection to be used. (No reply from support on this)

The question is: Can the Plus or Pro version be used offline?

I don't need to export projects, just open/new/save/save-as etc. etc.

I have been contracted to teach some classes, the students would use Free, and at the class site there is good internet. To build my lesson projects and pursue some other ideas I would like to use Plus offline at home

My current home internet situation is still a hard no-go due to extensive damage from Hurricane Michael.

What are your thoughts ?

thanks!!
    jd

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

At this time Buildbox at any level of subscription does require a constant internet connection. We are working to change this in the future, but would not expect a change in the short term.

3. JDJDDJDJ

JDJDDJDJ Boxer

Owwww. that's a deal killer. Very sorry to hear.

This is a pretty intuitive app with a lot of power. Great for newbys and old salts.
    Will keep on the promo email list in case offline happens at some point in the future.

Personally I would suggest a licensing system like Max/Msp (connect while online once every 90 days and you are good)
    Or like Mad Mapper - (Can authorize two machines online and can de-authorize/move license thru the website.)

Please don't be overly worried about cracked copies floating around, those a**bags never pay anyways.
    Anyone who IS a Pro - always does.

call me: 1 Vote for offline capability.

thanks very much for your time.
    Cool app.
    jd

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

As stated by Sean, it’s something that will be worked on in the future as it has been a great Defense against cracks being made. We actually have hard evidence of it costing us money which is why it’s currently needed to be online.

we so understand where you are coming from and we really do appreciate your feedback.

if you need any more information, feel free to email support@buildbox.com. Keep in mind that they don’t work on the weekends.

if you need anything else, feel free to message us on the community channels, such as the forums and our discord.

Regards, Josh
    Community Manager

5. blavkm

blavkm Boxer

Hi, I understand why you do this, but it's a big problem. I lost my last 20 minutes work for this. I lost internet connection and Buildbox just closed. You need to overcome this situation with a new strategy, maybe use the Steam system, that they have a limit time of x days to connect to internet again when you use it offline.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

We are currently working on better solutions. For now, we do strongly recommend saving your work regularly to avoid any major loses.

7. sws

sws Boxer

A few days ago I was looking at the pricing plans, and Plus was listed there. However, when I went to purchase today, it is no longer there. I haven't seen any news about it being a limited time offer, where did it go?

8. Josh (Nology Games)

That’s strange. I’m investigating now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention

9. sws

sws Boxer

You're welcome! I hope it was a little help.

I must admit though, I may wait and see if there is a summer sale, after sadly missing the spring sale...

10. Josh (Nology Games)

So it turns out that the plus plan is getting revamped. Which is why it’s not currently available

sws and Hue Buildbox like this.
  11. sws

sws Boxer

Thanks for looking into it and letting us know. Sounds exciting.