Buildbox 2.3.8 Server Comunication Error

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Mar 26, 2020.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I can't get into buildbox 2.3.8 since yesterday. Buildbox 3 works without problems, only the erver for 2 doesn't work anymore.Can you check there and see why it doesn't work anymore. I'd like to keep working.

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

works for me man. using BB2 right now. maybe reset your router? btw love your games!

3. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

It does not load on the server at my router the problem was fixed. Buildbox 3 just didn't work 2 the query to the server didn't work because it was down or had Problems with the Server.

4. DariusGuerrero

try turning off vpns? or turning them on? i don't really know why man i'm using BB2 right now (making an endless game). best bet is to email support

5. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I talked to support, it's working now.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  6. DariusGuerrero

great great! good luck! looking forward to more platformers!

7. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Thanks to Corona I now have too much time to continue my new game. It is in its final stages and there are still some levels missing but it will be a nice little game. For all jump and run fans.

DariusGuerrero, Roberto P and jcalle like this.
  8. pixmagic

pixmagic Boxer

Hi
    HG-2018
    i have the same problem as you.. BB 2 is inable to connect to the server... i emailed to the support but have a strange answer.. they give me a link to download the version 3D !
    how did you fix your problem ?
    i stil can't conect and run the BB 2.

9. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

It works again, but the problems occur again and again, but they have become rare. The support is unfortunately more for buildbox 3 and no longer for 2 l. You can see from the updates ;/ (Beta 2.3.8)

10. DariusGuerrero

it's mentioned in anothe thread that 2.3.9 is coming

Sean Buildbox and Jaro like this.
  11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Yes, it was probably in November ;)

HG-2018 likes this.
  12. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I wait for a update since last year ...

13. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Me too. The last one was probably in July. :)

14. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

I can actually confirm, 100%, that 2.3.9 is actively and currently being worked on. It will be going to testing soon.

This error means Buildbox cannot currently connect to the server to validate the license. Please check your connection, DNS, firewall, anti-virus, or any other potential things locally that could be blocking this validation please. Also ensure Port 80 is open.

If you have ever tried to install or use an unauthorized version of Buildbox your access to our license server may have been disabled. You will need to check your network HOSTS file and delete any lines pertaining to Buildbox. You will also need to delete any unauthorized modules that were installed on your system.

Jaro likes this.
  15. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I have the same problem with 3.2. The problem started after upgrading to 3.2. There was no problem with earlier versions.

16. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

I actually did see an issue for some resulting from the switch to Tabs now. Following up

Jaro likes this.
  17. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

18. Redouane

Redouane Boxer

Hi there,

I have been trying to get in touch with support for a few days now. Normally they respond very quick but now I’ve been waiting two days and nothing yet. I created a game in BB2 and my BB2 subscription ended at the end 2019. I ended it because I was not using BB at that particular time and because I saw that there was now a free version. BB3 is way different though and in my experience it is much harder to use. I saw a video on YouTube of a guy who said that if you message support that they will give you access again. I’m happy to pay that 59.99$ a month if that would mean being able to finish my game.

This was my email:
    Dear sir/madam,

As you know I have been a loyal buildbox costumer for quite some time now and my subscription was stopped at the end of 2019 because I was not using bb at that particular moment and because I thought that I was able to convert everything to bb3.

After I was told that it was not possible to get access to bb2 I was devastated because I only needed to change a very small element in my game. I have literally tried everything possible to make those changes without BB2 but nothing worked.

A few days ago I ran into a video on YouTube with someone that has been a longtime costumer just like me and he said that he sent an email to buildbox support and that he got access to bb2 again.

I want to ask you, to please help me out. I only need access to buildbox 2 to delete two buttons. I hope that there is a possibility to get access again to the BB2 pro version. And if that means that I have to pay that 59,99$ a month I would be happy to do it. Like I said I have always cherished buildbox and the capabilities that it offers.

I really hope that you can help me out here,
    Yours sincerely,
    Redouane

Re

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  19. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I think it won't be a problem. If you decide on the Pro you will have access to both BB versions.

20. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience.
    I can say there has been a high number of support tickets.
    Buildbox 2 is only available to users who have paid accounts.
    If you are a paid subscriber, with either the Plus or Pro plan, I would say try sending another email. Add "Requesting Buildbox 2" to the subject.
    Also, make sure to include the same email address used for your Buildbox account.
    And just so you know, sharing license keys is not allowed and could lead to possible account termination for both parties.

Jaro, HG-2018 and Sean Buildbox like this.