Regarding Buildbox 2.3.8

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by mrqwuyx, Mar 28, 2020.

1. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

HG-2018 likes this.
  2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Yes, any paid account will be given a BB2 key if they do not already have it. Simply purchase and email support@buildbox.com

3. michel15

michel15 Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox
    Is there any update for buildbox 2.3.8 regarding all SDK update
    I have submitted an ios game and I got this warning message :
    -------
    Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "----" 1.2 (1.2). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 12.2 SDK. Starting April 2020, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of new apps that use UIWebView APIs starting from April 2020. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

volcank likes this.
  4. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

hi @Sean Buildbox

As you said, I have purchased and sent mail to buildbox support, but havent got reply yet, please look into this.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi try to install the latest XCode that should solve the problem. I recently ( a few days ago) exported one of my old games in BB 2.3.8 exported and uploaded it to appstore without a problem. I am currently using XCode 11.2.1 . See if that helps.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  6. Sean Buildbox

Both of these deadlines have been pushed back to June 30th now by Apple. The 2.3.9 update being worked on now will resolve both of these warnings however.

Support is dealing with higher than normal support volume the past few weeks. They will respond as quickly as possible.

volcank and viking like this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox This is important. There was a problem with Chartboost at the android side. They haven't approved my publishing campaign because of the SDK. I would appreciate if the support could have a look at the Chartboost part of Android. This is crucial cause I also publish at amazon appstore and chartboost is the only and best way to make money on ads there. Applovin is very poor in terms of revenue when compared to Chartboost. Thank you.

8. Sean Buildbox

This is actually already in process for the forthcoming 2.3.9 update ;)

Hue Buildbox and volcank like this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool That is just great to know! Buildbox 2 is a great game engine happy to see that it is not wasted.

Best

HG-2018 and Sean Buildbox like this.
  10. Rebecca Lomos

Rebecca Lomos Boxer

i hope the 2.3.9 version will be available before may, so we will have enough time to update all our apps, thank you .

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  11. Sean Buildbox

That is the plan ;)

Rebecca Lomos likes this.
  12. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox any news about 2.3.9 release date? Also, will you make Vungle for Android? And what about AdColony for android?
    Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  13. Sean Buildbox

We're getting close. I would hope within the next week.

The ad networks already in BB2 will be updated. I would not expect any added functionality like Vungle or Adcolony for Android to be added however. That would all need to be custom option or post export if truly desired

justforward likes this.
  14. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Great! Thank you. Hope Chartboost will be fixed for Android, because it is very important)) the latest SDK they require (8.x.x)

15. Sean Buildbox

Believe it will. We actually might've done Chartboost a bit ago tbh because they forced that change. Just getting it all together now for an official update ;)

Rebecca Lomos and justforward like this.
  16. Rebecca Lomos

Rebecca Lomos Boxer

any news about the buildbox 2 update?

17. Wahyu Andry

Wahyu Andry Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox ,
    I don't like BB 3, and I want to get back to BB 2.3.8.
    How can I get a BB license 2.3.8?

I sent an email to support@buildbox.com but there was no reply

18. maxcar

maxcar Boxer

Hi all, hi @Sean Buildbox ,
    I'm also interested in BB2. I'm a BB3 subscriber.

Also would it be possible to clarify us about BB2 future? It's not clear to me what's the company's approach to this. Is BB2 going to be further developed or not? I thought BB2 was going to be left out but I keep seeing new releases for BB2.
    I'm personally not interested in making 3d games anytime soon. I'm also starting to make a new 2d game and I'm not sure what to use, BB3 has added lots of 3d complexity for 2d worlds but has enhanced functionality on the logic side.
    It is very important to me, and I also think for the BB community, to know if the future roadmap includes BB2.

Thanks!

19. Sean Buildbox

If you did not receive a response still please DM me and I will help you out. It's important to note you need a paid account to get BB2 access.

Buildbox 3 is the future and will receive more updates and new features for 2D as well as 3D. Buildbox 2 is still being supported for the foreseeable future with maintenance updates such as the 2.3.9 update that is in Beta (This is the first official update to Buildbox 2 in a good while) but will not see many if any new features going forward.

Hopefully this clarifies.