Bb 2 Should Be Free Too ..

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by nforce, Mar 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nforce

nforce Boxer

I mean BuildBox 3 is horrendous for non coders , BB2 was so easy to work with in 2D games , was simple to do stuff like gravity , teleporting , shooting a repeating bullet , collisions were 1000 times easier to work with as well. For whomever decided to complicate BB3 this way should be ashamed of yourselves ! You claim a no code movement yet BB3 requires coding to accomplish simple things which could be done very easily in BB2. Or at least do some tutorials for 2D games in BB3 , 0 actual tutorials to explain how to make an object teleport or make an object repeat itself (for example shoot a bullet endlessly).

MAC420 likes this.
  2. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I feel that BB3 can be as easy as BB2 in about 2 years after everyone puts in their input and they build more brainboxes plus fix the ones they already have. But, as of now? Yeah BB3 is a mess and is currently nowhere near nocode readiness as BB2 is. FREE is a little large of a request I think but, they have their new Plus price of $9.99 not sure if BB2 comes with it yet but, if it does I'll be a little happier cause even tho BB2 will be getting no more features added but, quit a few still want to use it for a number of reasons, it should still be offered and I would gladly pay $9.99 for it to keep maintenance up. I think it would be cool if they released it separately with unlimited worlds but, ya take what you can get. But, like I said not confirmed yet if it comes with the new price. We will see fingers crossed.

3. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Oh but, on the other hand yes a 1 world BB2 should come with the FREE license I do agree on that.

4. nforce

nforce Boxer

That would be great, is just such a shame that they let BB2 fade into obscurity when BB2 is the actual better engine out of the v2 and V3. I'm struggling to make my character teleport from one object to another for about 3 days now .. so much headache that they should pay us and not us them..

Jaro and MAC420 like this.
  5. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

LOL! Are you working with the FREE version right now?

6. nforce

nforce Boxer

Yeah, why would i pay for a half assed engine who can't even do collisions properly , or add simple things like BB2 did .

MAC420 likes this.
  7. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I have been told that with the Pro plan you can ask for BB2. I just don't know about the Plus. Currently I'm on an old plan and where I'm sitting I'm currently paying more to use BB2 then others are to use BB3 with the plus plan and they have more worlds then me and sceens. I'm really hoping that Plus has got BB2 in it or I'm a damn fool now.

nforce likes this.
  8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear there will not be a free version of Buildbox 2. But yes, you may use Buildbox 2 with any paid plans. With the new plus plan you will be locked into the same restrictions for the plan. But any paid plan can request BB2 if they do not already have it.

In BB3 2D worlds are undergoing some more major updates here soon along with some tutorials to go along ;)

nforce and MAC420 like this.
  9. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Alright!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You have no idea how good that news is and note I do keep messing with BB3 here and there so when everything is more stable I'll be familiar with it. Again thank you to all of you. This is great news!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  10. nforce

nforce Boxer

Good news then , i hope you guys can bring the collision style from BB2 for BB3 2D worlds, because not everyone wants to make 3D games only with BB3. Either way thanks for the reply , means there might still be hope for those of us who make 2D.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Sean Buildbox likes this.